NAVY 3 STAR ADMIRAL FLAG WW2 VINTAGE?

navyman

Hi ,

I took a chance on ebay and bought this flag for $32.00 shipped. The picture's were not the best and did not buy the story that this was on the USS Sea Hawk. I think that ship was a ww1 era ship that may not of even seen service as a patrol boat. The stamp marking are faded and you can not read it. Does anyone know the vintage? It looks to me to be ww2 era but I'm not sure.

Comments welcome!

Jason

post-2501-0-66404000-1384382205.jpg

post-2501-0-97000300-1384382204.jpg

He could have meant Kittyhawk.Probably a flag for a TF commander on the ship.It looks cotton.I would guess Korea/Vietnam? I think the later ones were nylon? Great price.

He could have meant Kittyhawk.Probably a flag for a TF commander on the ship.It looks cotton.I would guess Korea/Vietnam? I think the later ones were nylon? Great price.

The flag has Sea Hawk written on in pen. But I don't think so. The flag also has two brass gromments. The material is the same as other ww2 era flags I have. But could be later, not sure.

Jason

Mainemilitaria

WW 2 period gromets were made of grey zink.... brass would be earlier or later....this has all the signs of being 1950s thru the dawn of NYLON....(70s)...

John G.

WW 2 period gromets were made of grey zink.... brass would be earlier or later....this has all the signs of being 1950s thru the dawn of NYLON....(70s)...

John G.

Thanks, for the help!

Jason