Dog hair. WW2 Wool Items.

knd643

Was wondering if their are any good and effective methods to get dog hair out of wool. I just got done picking hair out of my WW2 USMC wool blanket for about a hour by hand(grabbing each hair individually and pulling it out) and their is still a little bit on the blanket. Does anyone one know any safe methods to get rid of dog hair in WW2 items. Thank you.

use packing tape, takes it off and doesn't leave residue behind. I had big dogs all growing up, got creative with my items from time to time.

You can also buy the lint rollers in most retail stores.They are basically a roll of masking tape type material on a plastic handle.and have sheets that you peel off.Fairly inexpensive and have 45-60 sheets per roller depending on the brand.

it shouldn't... as long as the blanket is in good shape.

then store it somewhere away from hair.

trust me, I feel your pain. (3 cats and a dog)

-Brian

It took me a while of picking cat hair out of my WWI blanket just so I could roll it up in a shelter half. Since it is so old, I opted for the method you used, hand removing it until I was happy with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

AAF_Collection

I use a lint roller on all my uniforms, just take care around patches, bullion, ribbons etc. on a wool blanket you shouldn't have any problems.

Matt.

Lint roller it what I use (wife has a feline) and never had a problem. I use it on patches as well, especially navy rates that show everything stuck to it. There are non-adhesive versions out there that use some sort of sticky rubber instead of glue but I have not used one before on military items to attest its affectiveness.

I wrap wide low-tack masking tape around my hand, sticky side out, and "pat" the affected areas. It lifts hairs, dust or fluff etc. Repeat as necessary when the tape looses its tackiness.

yup same idea as a lint roller.

if you feel the tape or lint roller you are using is too "tacky" and might damage something... run it over your own shirt or something first so it loses the initial very strong "tack".

-Brian