Help ID Civil Defense Armband

rockysgoldandsilver

rockysgoldandsilver

Need some help ID'ing this CD armband. I can't seem to find any with the house on it. It is a two piece felt patch, below is the picture. Any help would be much appreciated!

11-09-13CDArmband1.jpg

That is one I haven't seen before, and it's not on the charts I have seen.

I don't like to theorize, but a the striking feature (to me anyway) is that the house has open windows; so I wonder if this was for someone who was to enforce blackout conditions.

In any event someone will know what it is and what it is not.

RC

rockysgoldandsilver

Yeah I haven't been able to find anything remotely similar. I was thinking maybe something for "home defense" but a search on that yielded nothing. Hopefully someone knows!

think the Cabin on it is to reference a specific place, landmark, or area where the log cabin is the symbol? that would be along the lines of the parks services if it was a reference to that. ive been looking online, I cant find anything either.

It might be for a local Civil Defense chapter, using a landmark. Never seen this one before and I don't believe it is one of the standard designs.

well, what uses a log cabin as a "mascot" or landmark............. doesn't Illinois have a log cabin landmark that's a big deal? Lincoln house or a pioneer house something?

• 2 weeks later...