US Navy Underwater Swimmer School

Bearmon

U.S. Naval School Underwater Swimmers, Key West, Florida, welcomed its first class in 1954 and trained over 6000 divers before officially closing it doors in l973. Students came from all branches of the U.S. military, from several civilian government departments, and from allied forces. Former staff and students look back on their days at UWSS with pride and fond memories.

post-582-0-66619700-1384209894.jpg

This school did instruct the UDT's and SEALs on the East Coast until the UDT/. SEALs school was combined into one in Coronado CA.

Hink441 your patch looks like one a current made that can be ordered from the schools website.

I love the Dive Locker Patch, really nice. I was just going by the pictures on the schools website about the age of your patch.

I like your grouping.

• 2 weeks later...

Bearmon,

Nice patch n the first post.

Hink441,

Nice group of patches

Irish,

Great grouping

Now I'm posting a patch I had for quite awhile. I posted it once and I believe a couple poeple said it was a fantasy piece. Now ,looking at the design on the latest patches for this school and the fact all branches of service went through the school , I don't see why a Marine who went through the school couldn't have had a patch made up like the one I'm posting here. I think it is plausible. Any comment welcome.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-92555100-1385481073.jpg

I like this one, it has the same type graphic as the one Hink441 shows, right down to the sharks tail. I can see a marine not wanting to wear a USN titled patch too! I don't see why it couldn't be authentic!

Bearmon

Patchcollector

Bearmon,

Nice patch n the first post.

Hink441,

Nice group of patches

Irish,

Great grouping

Now I'm posting a patch I had for quite awhile. I posted it once and I believe a couple poeple said it was a fantasy piece. Now ,looking at the design on the latest patches for this school and the fact all branches of service went through the school , I don't see why a Marine who went through the school couldn't have had a patch made up like the one I'm posting here. I think it is plausible. Any comment welcome.

Regards, Mitch

Very nice.This looks to me to be American made no earlier than the 60's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...