Tanker helmet US made?

Tyska

Hi @ all,

i know a lot about M1 helmets but tanker helmets are new area.

Is this one US made?And from which time?WW2 or later?

Thanks and regards

post-111377-0-30563100-1384199812.jpg

post-111377-0-75420200-1384199818.jpg

I agree. Post war in any case, based on the US model. I once read they are German. Apparently they were made in the 50s for the Bundeswehr (correct me if I'm wrong).

Bear in mind that the US Army of Occupation in W. Germany during the 50s early 60s procured numbers of locally made tanker helmets to supplement US made stocks.

ThompsonSavage

A good indication (although not definitive) of a US-made tanker helmet are the ten ventilation holes: 4 at the front, 4 at the back and 2 underneath the support strap. These holes were sometimes covered up for insulation purposes.

post-45626-0-64295100-1384243888.jpg

post-45626-0-94798200-1384243892.jpg

I agree. Post war in any case, based on the US model. I once read they are German. Apparently they were made in the 50s for the Bundeswehr (correct me if I'm wrong).

You are correct. The manufacterer is usually Maury & Co., Offenbach am Main, Germany. They were a leather goods manufacturer that made lots of stuff for the Wehrmacht too.

I'm not so sure this is the West German tank helmet used by US forces, it appears to have a fiber bowl rather than the aluminum bowl found on the USAEUR helmets. It is definately post war and not US production. Possibly Dutch or Belgian?

Larry

Yes, could very well be Belgian...

Any sign of a maker's mark or (Euro) size???

i dont know.

I have find this helmet in a auction.