WW2 NAVY CPO RATES DISPLAY (ALL MOST DONE)

navyman

Hi,

I have 161 navy cpo rates from ww2 on this display(40X60). The frame should be here by Tuesday, will take another pic when it comes.

I have at least one example of every cpo during ww2 except for the letter rates. I did not have the room and do not have a cpo of every letter. I hope you guys like this, it's more impressive in person.

post-2501-0-96446600-1384121332.jpg

Jason

Thanks for the replies guys. This beats having them in binders were you can not view them. Maybe down the road I will do a ALL bullion display. But I may be running out of wall space.

Jason

Nice collection. What do you have it insured for?

Yeah,

My insurance agent has been wanting me to up my coverage. LOL But the most expensive rate on that display is the white cpo Airship rigger. I've seen more bullion examples than non bullion.

Not only is it great to see all those badges together, but from a distance the colors and pattern look really cool, like some kind of "pop art." Outstanding, thanks for posting!

Justin B.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent display,Jason! It's great that you can look at them all of the time (as opposed to my display method- box of rates in dark corner of the basement). Did you replace your 80 inch High Def TV on the wall with that frame?

Excellent display,Jason! It's great that you can look at them all of the time (as opposed to my display method- box of rates in dark corner of the basement). Did you replace your 80 inch High Def TV on the wall with that frame?

Thanks guys!

Kurt I would like to do more but don't think I will have the wall space. This beats having them in pages store in binders.

I may do a bullion one yet, maybe all era's.

Jason

Will you please share some stories about some of your acquisitions are you were putting the set together?

AWESOME collection!!!

Auggie

Jason

Will you please share some stories about some of your acquisitions are you were putting the set together?

AWESOME collection!!!

Auggie

Auggie,

I don't really have no stories. A lot of them were bought thru ebay. Probably been collecting navy rates off and on for the last 20++ years. Also found a lot at flea markets and shows.

The CPO airship rigger in white I knew a friend had after talking with him thru emails., I just had to offer a amount he could not refuse. Those of you who knew the late John Helvey had one. He got his from the guy I got mine from. He found two of them in the early 80's at a flea market. That's probably the only story I have.

Jason

• 6 years later...
On 12/2/2013 at 4:02 PM, navyman said:

Auggie,

I don't really have no stories. A lot of them were bought thru ebay. Probably been collecting navy rates off and on for the last 20++ years. Also found a lot at flea markets and shows.

The CPO airship rigger in white I knew a friend had after talking with him thru emails., I just had to offer a amount he could not refuse. Those of you who knew the late John Helvey had one. He got his from the guy I got mine from. He found two of them in the early 80's at a flea market. That's probably the only story I have.

Jason

I totally agree with the earlier comment regarding seeing more bullion examples of the CPO Airship Rigger rate than non-bullion. I have three bullion examples but have never had the opportunity to try to purchase a non-bullion one. They just almost do not exist. Undoubtedly, one of the rarest CPO Navy rates. I loved seeing the one in this collection.