New New diorama completed!

Pmuranyi

HI gang! Well, it is finished! Took over 6 months and loads of work. My camera is on the frtiz but I wanted to post just one shot.

More later!

Paul

post-7107-0-33549000-1384113931.jpg

Congrats! Looks like all your hard work was worth it...great job! How do you store / display such a big diorama when you're done with it and presumably move on to the next one?

Ok.... As always these dios start as one thing and end up as another. The system I used was the normal. Hudson and Allen supplies for the ground snow and foliage. They are closed till January if you want to order supplies. The WC is the old Testors. I love those kits. Just a little weathering and they can hold up to today standards. Well, close anyway.

The building have interiors. I have to get a shot of the interior of the house. The water I did wrong. I got "magic water" and I built up layers. I should have cut the wheels down on the RSO and used a sheet of plexi glass, then poured a coating of this acryllic water and made it look like it was in the water.

The Shermans are DML's. Nothing really done to them but I added TMD's upgrade for the hatches on both. I scratch built the stowage on the back on the tanks.

Figures to are DML's I just added slings made of thin lead foil to the Garands.

The rock wall was built using a mold I bought on line. Rock by rock!! I bought some good 2 part resin and poured away!!

The snow Is Hudson and Allens snow. You can add water to make it like slush or use it dry like I did. I may "Wet up" the dio with gloss coat. Thats at a later date though.

The Opel Mautiers are the new release from DML. They are killer..... I burned one out. Fun.

The jeep is Tamiya with the Black dog productions stoewage. Lettuce and all........

Pics on the way!!!!!

Paul

The detail is amazing! I especially like the tanks and the medic guy. I've said it before, I will never have the patience to do one of these but, I do admire the attention to detail and the fantastic end results of your hard work!

Hi! I am having a HUGE problem on where to keep these safe. I live in NYC in a medium sized apt. I have to get plexiglass covers and put them away up in the closet I think.

Here are a few more photos. Camera cant focus to well....

post-7107-0-86591100-1384198269.jpg