USN Flight Jacket

byf41

Hoping to get some input on a USN flight jacket by A Pritzker & Sons . I believe its 1947 vintage based on what I can gather from the seller . (55 J14 AER)spec . Can anyone give me a ballpark value in good condition please ? I will try to get pictures . Thanks for youre time guys .

I don't think any one has cracked the dating on the 383 prefix contracts yet to nail down an exact year but you do have a 4 year window which is really good.....

The leather looks good, but are the knits replaced? If they are then that hurts the value some. Size makes a difference too. Also, as long as the zipper works and all the buttons and snaps are present, then that helps.

Please let us know about the knits and size and then we'll have a better idea of its value.

Thanks!

All the buttons , snap and zipper are present and functional . I think its about a size 38 or 40 cause it fits me well and thats my size . I too was wondering about the knits as they arent the same texture as some of the M21/M22 style . Maybe you guys can tell me as Im just learning this stuff . Heres a few more pictures .

The knits should be in the same style as the M-422/422A, so they don't look right. Based on that, I personally wouldn't pay more than $200. If the knits are correct, $300-350.

All knits have been replaced. 55J14 spécification was issued from 1947 and superseded by the Mil-J-7823 spécification in 1950 or 1951. Generally 55J14 are more valued than later 7823 models for a same size and shape. Hoping that it helps.

Franck