Any CW Reenactors on the forum?

cthomas

I'm a federal surgeon with a medical group and a veteran of both Red River Campaigns.

Photo taken at Pleasant Hill, LA. That's a real 1858 Rucker's Ambulance we worked off of for a week.

img046.jpg

I was at Manassas in 1961, Antietam and others. The last was Nashville in 1965. Didn't do any after the Centennial. I'm the one with the drum. My late father is in the background.

nash.jpg

Hey guys. Thanks for keeping this thread going. I'm always pleased to hear from others who are as passionate about CW history as I am.

Oldfireguy- Always cool to see the 'real' stuff on the field. It must make you a little nervous though....

dvl- that's got to be a very nostalgic picture for you. Thanks for sharing it!

I can't believe that it was taken 43 years ago! It appeared in a book of photos put out by the Nashville Tennessean after the 1965 reenactment.

Oldfireguy- Always cool to see the 'real' stuff on the field. It must make you a little nervous though....

I agree. This one came out of Ft. Concho, Tx. Museum and we put about 30-40 miles on it over several days. Had a team of mules hauling it around. I was the medical director for the event and had a team of doctors and medics working out of it. Great event!