China Marine Patch

Raidercollector

Raidercollector

Here is a RARE marine patch I thought I would share with you guys, Its to the 4th Marine regt, M company. In china, A sleeve patch. Can anyone shed some more ligt on this. This is the only one I have ever seen.Maybe some of you to.

Nick ,Marine Raider Collector

post-421-1209482350.jpg

River Patrol

One came up on Ebay recently...I was the underbidder unfortunately. Very rare patch! The only other I've seen was in the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico.

Raidercollector

Hi everybody.

I have a update on this patch. I just received a email from the gentleman who use to own this patch. I got excited when I read this. I thought I would share this with you guys. And he was on wake Island ,when the japanese attacked it. How cool.Theres lots of more research here to do.

Dear svw1945,

I brought your 4th Marine China patch onto the market about 35 years ago, and later sold it to Ralph F. Colin, Jr., the principal of several eBay auctions now. The original owner was PlSgt Charles A. Holmes of Oklahoma, who had served with the Fourth Marines in the mid-1930s. Later, in 1941, he was captured during the defense of Wake Island, serving the rest of the war in Japanese prison camps. Semper Fi! Carl A. Robin, Frederick MD 21705-4102

patch.