Sgt. York (1941)

dan_the_hun84

dan_the_hun84

I watched Sergeant York from 1941 with Gary Cooper the other day for the first time in years. I must say, with a few minor details excepted, the uniforms and gear of the Doughboys seem to be pretty good. What does everyone else think?

I think the biggest flub was the fact that didn't the real Sgt. York carry a M1917 rifle and 1911 pistol instead of the '03 and Luger used in the movie.

craig_pickrall

I'm pretty sure this movie has been discussed previously. If you search the title you should find it with no problem.

I think you are right on the firearms. Not sure why the rifle wasn't right but I think he had the Lugar because at that time they didn't have blanks that would cycle correctly in the M1911.

dan_the_hun84

I'm pretty sure this movie has been discussed previously. If you search the title you should find it with no problem.

I think you are right on the firearms. Not sure why the rifle wasn't right but I think he had the Lugar because at that time they didn't have blanks that would cycle correctly in the M1911.

I tried doing a search but nothing came up? I could be doing something wrong though, I did go to public school ; - )

I think a big part of why the movie seems so accurate is that they were using quite a few actual AEF veterans as actors (excluding the main characters of course).

craig_pickrall

I tried doing a search but nothing came up? I could be doing something wrong though, I did go to public school ; - )

I tried a search and got 29 hits on "SGT York". None of these were just about the one movie however. It was various reviews where the movie was discussed along with others.

dan_the_hun84

I tried a search and got 29 hits on "SGT York". None of these were just about the one movie however. It was various reviews where the movie was discussed along with others.

Well like I said, I went tp public school. I did ace crayons though