rikers full of patches... anything I should "go crazy" over?

BROBS

I am not a huge knowledge base on patches to say the least...

anything in here I should absolutely grab?

I know the 101st usually bring decent coin.

I am trying to work out a trade deal.

Thanks,

Brian

image-9_zpsb13f5c14.jpeg

B

look like some nice variations and look all legit.The ranger diamonds are nice and the best to me.Most of the time you can find them in the

$50-ish range.I know they 101st will garner more on line but you see lots of them.

looks like I may go for some of these patches in the trade deal then..

really glad for your input on the crushers as those are more of my weakness (in wanting them!)

-Brian

OK well the item I am trading is worth about $180...

I have asked him how much more he would want for everything.

we will see B)

Not much knowledge of value for patch variations, but if it was the right price I would buy it bulk...more chances to make your money back in case something is not as it appears.

Cadet badge is $25 if sterling, officer badge $8-10 depending if it is marked, pilot wings depends on sterling/maker/pinback/clutchback $30+

TRR... I'm laughing because those are the things I have some knowledge of.. it's the patches and their variations that I am really in the dark about.

I am liking the solid-eye 101st and ranger tabs.....

I definitely need to do some book purchasing... especially on my really weak areas.

well I got all of them except for the Ranger tabs :( and the top right 101st as he wanted to keep one.

(not the metal items I passed on those)

I tossed in some extra $$$ on top of my trade item.

we'll see when they arrive.

-Brian

OK well the item I am trading is worth about $180...

I have asked him how much more he would want for everything.

we will see B)

Is that what you have in it or just the value? Either way, you would do well to snap up these up! The value of the case is over $500 easy if you get the full value from the patches and if all are original. (subject to market values which are subject to fluxuations in the Dow index. Estimations given are not offers of purchase of said property. Consult a lawyer prior to assumptions of value ;))

-Ski

well sort of the value and what I have in it..

I'm sure I could toss a couple of the 101 on ebay and make my money back :)

-Brian

I agree get it ALL. The Ranger diamonds are nice, looks like 3 variations of the 101st, the one 17th A/B has opposing claws, and the other has the right A/B arc (more rounded).Some real nice looking patches.Good luck.

as said above he wanted to keep the Ranger diamonds which I really wanted..

and he wanted to keep a 101.. so he kept the top right patch of them.

still a good haul I think.

-Brian

Brian,

Because of the glut of reproduction patches I would black light them. As to value 82with attached tab 40 to 50, not attached 20 to 30, paratrooper patch for cap 20 to 50, glider airborne patches, 20 to 35, Ranger 40 to 60, Trooper carrier us made 10 to 20 Brit made 50 to 60 maybe more, 1st allied airborne 20 to 30, 17th airborne 20 to 35, 13th airborne 15 to 30, airborne unassigned with attached tab 40 to 60, unattached tab 20 to 30, 187 10 to 30. This is just a SWAG from what I have seen at shows and here on the forum. Bottom line if all are original you can get your money out of them if you do the trade you propose. I say this with if they are original and not patch king or reenactor, veteran reunion purchase based on the picture. I would have to handle them before saying ya or na if they past the black light test.

Good Luck

John

PS 101st WW2 and not post war start around $50 and go up, but sometimes they are hard to figure out. As in any collectors market there are many ups and downs and buyers can be fickle at best.

IMHO I think the 17th A/B with opposing claws might be a $75 patch and the one with correct tab around $50.The Ranger diamonds might be closer to $75.I understand he wants to keep one of them and one 101st patch.