Need help finding A-14 part

Buckeye Blacksmith

Buckeye Blacksmith

Hello All - This is my first post on the site.

I'm a long-time militaria collector, recently branching out to aviation headgear.

I recently purchased an A-14 oxygen mask, and need a part for it.

While I'm sure I won't call it by it's proper name, it's the clip that snaps onto the helmet, which would be on the 'quick release' side of the mask. So, on the opposite side are two OD straps that snap directly to two of the three helmet snap locations. What I need is the metal clip that is on a two-snap base that mates to the quick release buckle on the single point of connection side of the helmet.

I likely butchered that description, but I suspect you folks know what I mean.

If someone has a loose one in their parts box, I could really use it.

Please PM me with price.

Oh, I'm not sure if these were ever reproduced, buy I would want an original. Thank you.

Buckeye Blacksmith

Thank you. I did previously see the ones on eBay, but was hoping - as a collector community - that somebody might have one that I wouldn't have to pay a premium for.

We have a "Wanted" forum. Create an ad for yourself and post it there. Nothing ventured.....etc. You might be lucky, though, as a USSAF collector myself I can tell you that these parts are not that easy to come by these days, and are highly sought after because, like yourself, lots of collectors have helmets from which they are missing and obviously want to replace them so they can display them with the oxygen masks etc., so there's plenty of competition. Good luck!

Speaking of A14 parts does anyone have a set of replacement rubber straps that go across the mask. I have a set needs new bands...

post-112555-0-55552400-1383971345.jpg

I asked that question once before and got no answer. I couldn't ever find a comparable green rubber band so I ended up using black on an A-14. It was that or the scrap heap, which didnt make sense since it was for me anyway.

If you ever find green, yell loud :)