WWII 94th Bomb Group Mission Brief - Which Mission is it?

ramram

Thought I'd check to see if anybody might know which mission this is from. I have a small group from a pilot with the 94th Bomb Group which included this Mission brief. Unfortunately, I don't see a date or target location on it. From the map it looks like Schweinfurt's location and I thought it might be from the 1943 raid but then I noticed that a couple of the Groups that show up on this list (452nd, I think, and 447th) weren't formed at that time. I'm guessing now, maybe, it was from "Big Week" in February 1944, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

Rob M.

(Always looking for interesting diaries)

post-109483-0-31015900-1383601400.jpg

Thanks guys. This pilot's name was Richard Cox. He later went on to fly B-29's in the Pacific with the 330th BG.

Rob M.

Some of the photos while he was in the ET:

post-109483-0-96736800-1383609091.jpg

• 3 years later...

Rob...

I have found your photos of the 94th Bomb Group. Can you email me directly at [email protected]; I would like to use one or two to illustrate a chapter in a book I am writing. I ant to illustrate a story of a 94th Group member who survived being shot-down and who returned on the freighter S.S. SANTA MARGARITA. The book focuses on the SANTA MARGARITA but I am illustrating some of the soties of her passengers (RAMPs) she brought back to New York City, arriving 3 June 1945.

theron