S14-075 Paratroop First Aid pouch

GICOP

Hello

Really a nice piece.

I maybe found one from a private collection but as I never saw one for sale I'm not sure of the price.

Could you tell me an idea of how much a piece like this cost ? not from ebay but from the seller to the buyer ?

Kind regards.

Hello

Really a nice piece.

I maybe found one from a private collection but as I never saw one for sale I'm not sure of the price.

Could you tell me an idea of how much a piece like this cost ? not from ebay but from the seller to the buyer ?

Kind regards.

Without the pockets stocked, you're looking at 800-1,000 USD. Stocked, 2,500-4,000 USD depending on how well stocked and how bad you want it !!!!! I wouldn't let mine leave my collection for under 3,500 USD.

Doc Rick

• 6 months later...
DocRick said:
An S14-075 in up on ebay still at a reasonable price. If you are looking for one.........

A forum member sold one on ebay last winter....can't remember what it went for...... :think:

• 2 months later...

Never being one to be satisfied, I have upgraded my S-14-075. Added are the rubber tourniquet tubings in the elastic loops and the "Scissors, Forceps and Pins" in the center snap strap. A few other changes, changed all the small dressing to large dressings, moved things around for convenience and added an Australian Johnson and Johnson large shell dressing as it seems that the Marines and Corpsman liked them. Still, never finished, but don't see any near future changes here.

Here is the kit closed and the tubing and "Scissors, Forceps and Pins" can be seen.

post-4556-1290105258.jpg

Looking good Doc. :thumbsup:

Your S14-075 is slightly different to mine, I have a pocket where you have the center snap strap, I could put a "Scissors, Forceps and Pins" pouch in the pocket for a change.

Adding the Australian Johnson and Johnson shell dressing is a good idea, I have them in my Unit 3 bags and 14-280 as well.

Any chance of some pictures of your rubber tourniquet tubing?

The rubber tubing is from an automotive store, flat and thin walled, but more like plastic than rubber so it doesn't have the right feel, but it looks good. Don't think my camera is good enough to take a close up picture of it.

The Grunt Gear book showed an S14-075 like mine with the "S, F, and P" pouch snapped in the middle where you have a pouch. Guess the rigger wanted to be different than the others as I have seen only two pictures of that style and more of the style like yours. The Tawara corpsman is wearing one like mine, maybe the same one :think: . Yeah, right.

After reading the posts about the Australian shell dressings being preferred by Marines and Corpsman, I figured I'd throw one in for sport. I can usually find them at local gun shows as no one else seems to want them.

I would like to know where you got the plastic sleeve and inventory list sheet. The morphine repros just cost money, but to find that I have to believe is very difficult.

Doc Rick

DocRick said:
The rubber tubing is from an automotive store, flat and thin walled, but more like plastic than rubber so it doesn't have the right feel, but it looks good. Don't think my camera is good enough to take a close up picture of it.

The Grunt Gear book showed an S14-075 like mine with the "S, F, and P" pouch snapped in the middle where you have a pouch. Guess the rigger wanted to be different than the others as I have seen only two pictures of that style and more of the style like yours. The Tawara corpsman is wearing one like mine, maybe the same one :think: . Yeah, right.

After reading the posts about the Australian shell dressings being preferred by Marines and Corpsman, I figured I'd throw one in for sport. I can usually find them at local gun shows as no one else seems to want them.

I would like to know where you got the plastic sleeve and inventory list sheet. The morphine repros just cost money, but to find that I have to believe is very difficult.

Doc Rick

Hi Doc

I saw the plastic sleeve and inventory list in Harlan Glenn's book "Dungaree's and Frog Skins" and copied it, if you PM me your email I will scan the list for you tomorrow and send it to you. The plastic wallet was slightly more difficult to produce than the list ;)

Corpsmancollector

Great work, Doc! The S14-075 is looking sharp. I like the added Aussie dressing, it's a nice touch. I keep meaning to pick some up. I'm struggling to find an original set of USN wound tags or a well priced book of repro Army ones...

Martyn, was great to see your kit up close this year! :thumbsup:

Corpsmancollector said:
Great work, Doc! The S14-075 is looking sharp. I like the added Aussie dressing, it's a nice touch. I keep meaning to pick some up. I'm struggling to find an original set of USN wound tags or a well priced book of repro Army ones...

Thanks Will. I found a few Aussie dressings at Beltring dated from late '41, very reasonably priced. You'll have to bring your S14-075 with you next year, I'd love to see it.

I think a gave you a copy of one of my S14-075 inventory list's

Cheers

Martyn

Okay, here's the breakdown of my kit:

Pocket 1: Iodine swabs x 2 Handy Pad Co

Pocket 2: Absorbent Cotton x 2 Seamless Rubber Co

Pocket 3: Sufadiazine x 1 box/24 tabs Squibb

Sulfanilamide x 1 box/5 envelopes Hynson, Westcott + Dunning

Sulfanilamide x 5 envelopes Hynson, Westcott + Dunning

Pocket 4: Adhesive Plaster 10yds x 3 in American White Cross Labs

Pocket 5: Foot powder x 1 box Hynson, Westcott + Dunning

Burn Injury set x 1 box Lambert Pharmacal

Ammonia Ampules + Paper cups Mine Safety Appliances

Pocket 6: Water Purification tabs x 2 bottles The Drug Products Co

Safety Matches Independence

Pocket 7: Carlisle Dressings, Large x 4 Janesville Cotton Mills Co

Pocket 8: Spanish Windlass Tourniquet x 2 The Guyet Bros Co

Pocket 9: 2" Compress Bandages, 4's x 1 Mine Safety Appliances

2" Compress Bandages, 4's x 1 A. E. Halperin Co

4" Compress Bandages x 1 A. E. Halperin Co

Curad Plastic Bandages x 1 tin Black and Bauer

Gauze Plain Compressed 1sq.yd x 1 Johnson and Johnson

Bandage Gauze Copressed 3" x 10 yd x1 American White Cross Labs

Pocket 10: Blunt Scissors x 1 Steel USA

Folding knife x 1 Ka-bar

Plain Gauze Pads 3" x 3" x1 Mine Safey Appliance

Hauze Plain Sterlized x 1 Johnson and Johnson

Pocket 11: Aspirin Tablets, 100's x 1 bottles McKessons

Pocket 12: Wound tags x 1 book

Wire Splint x 1 A.E. Halperin Co

Bandage Triangular x 2 American White Cross Labs

Shell Dressing, Large x 1 Johnson and Johnson Australia

Pocket 13: Surgical Instrument Set USN MD George Tinmanns Co

Pocket 14: Case, Pins, Scissors adn Dressing Forceps MD USN

Web and Buckle Tourniquet

Scissors, MD USN attached to Pocket 14 by shoestring.

There you have it, my current list of supplies. Yes, of course, it will change from time to time when I obtain a few more rarer or more expensive items that I want, but for now, this is it. Thanks for all your help in this endevor.

Doc Rick

Corpsmancollector
Thanks Will. I found a few Aussie dressings at Beltring dated from late '41, very reasonably priced. You'll have to bring your S14 with you next year, I'd love to see it.

I think a gave you a copy of one of my S14 inventory list's

Cheers

Martyn

Absolutely. If we make it down we'll have to try and stay for longer next year. You did give me a copy of the inventory list, which I'm very grateful for! Just need to find a way of making the plastic wallet... :think:

Okay, here's the breakdown of my kit:

Pocket 1: Iodine swabs x 2 Handy Pad Co

Pocket 2: Absorbent Cotton x 2 Seamless Rubber Co

Pocket 3: Sufadiazine x 1 box/24 tabs Squibb

Sulfanilamide x 1 box/5 envelopes Hynson, Westcott + Dunning

Sulfanilamide x 5 envelopes Hynson, Westcott + Dunning

Pocket 4: Adhesive Plaster 10yds x 3 in American White Cross Labs

Pocket 5: Foot powder x 1 box Hynson, Westcott + Dunning

Burn Injury set x 1 box Lambert Pharmacal

Ammonia Ampules + Paper cups Mine Safety Appliances

Pocket 6: Water Purification tabs x 2 bottles The Drug Products Co

Safety Matches Independence

Pocket 7: Carlisle Dressings, Large x 4 Janesville Cotton Mills Co

Pocket 8: Spanish Windlass Tourniquet x 2 The Guyet Bros Co

Pocket 9: 2" Compress Bandages, 4's x 1 Mine Safety Appliances

2" Compress Bandages, 4's x 1 A. E. Halperin Co

4" Compress Bandages x 1 A. E. Halperin Co

Curad Plastic Bandages x 1 tin Black and Bauer

Gauze Plain Compressed 1sq.yd x 1 Johnson and Johnson

Bandage Gauze Copressed 3" x 10 yd x1 American White Cross Labs

Pocket 10: Blunt Scissors x 1 Steel USA

Folding knife x 1 Ka-bar

Plain Gauze Pads 3" x 3" x1 Mine Safey Appliance

Hauze Plain Sterlized x 1 Johnson and Johnson

Pocket 11: Aspirin Tablets, 100's x 1 bottles McKessons

Pocket 12: Wound tags x 1 book

Wire Splint x 1 A.E. Halperin Co

Bandage Triangular x 2 American White Cross Labs

Shell Dressing, Large x 1 Johnson and Johnson Australia

Pocket 13: Surgical Instrument Set USN MD George Tinmanns Co

Pocket 14: Case, Pins, Scissors adn Dressing Forceps MD USN

Web and Buckle Tourniquet

Scissors, MD USN attached to Pocket 14 by shoestring.

There you have it, my current list of supplies. Yes, of course, it will change from time to time when I obtain a few more rarer or more expensive items that I want, but for now, this is it. Thanks for all your help in this endevor.

Doc Rick

Excellent listing Doc :thumbsup:

Martyn

Absolutely. If we make it down we'll have to try and stay for longer next year. You did give me a copy of the inventory list, which I'm very grateful for! Just need to find a way of making the plastic wallet... :think:

We'll sort something I'm sure Will :thumbsup:

The list was the easy part ;) Trial, error and a lot of patience produced the wallet :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...
Corpsmancollector

Great stuff Doc! Is it a Dragon model? I've always wanted one of those for my desk, they look great and have fantastic detail.

Great stuff Doc! Is it a Dragon model? I've always wanted one of those for my desk, they look great and have fantastic detail.

Yes, it is a dragon pouch, but the rest is Ultimate Soldier. Just got the pouch off ebay from one of your countryman.

Doc Rick

Corpsmancollector said:

You can find the Emergency Medical Tags here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medics-Emergency-Medic...=item5d2c738075

They are repro, but good quallity. Stan is a real good guy to deal with and if you don't catch him out of the shop, shipping is really quick too. I've picked up a few things from him and had no problems whatsoever. I got a book of tags from him and they include the string for the tags as well. Nice addition to my Medic Set. Oh yeah, before I forget... the tags themselves include the carbon copies too. Price is $25.

Good luck!

Wayne

Corpsmancollector
You can find the Emergency Medical Tags here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medics-Emergency-Medic...=item5d2c738075

They are repro, but good quallity. Stan is a real good guy to deal with and if you don't catch him out of the shop, shipping is really quick too. I've picked up a few things from him and had no problems whatsoever. I got a book of tags from him and they include the string for the tags as well. Nice addition to my Medic Set. Oh yeah, before I forget... the tags themselves include the carbon copies too. Price is $25.

Good luck!

Wayne

Howdy Wayne,

Thanks for the info. I've seen Stan's tags before and also admired a number of other items he has for sale, very reasonable on his prices. However, the real kicker is the postage across the pond. I think from memory it's almost twice as much as the tags themselves, which is a real shame. Although, I have only heard good thing from those who have done business with him!

• 2 months later...

So who bought No. 1 Bacsi's S14-075 off ebay? $1,300, I thought it would go higher. Maybe he needed to describe it and play it up more?

Doc Rick

• 11 years later...
punched primer

Hello, old one I stumbled upon here. I have 2 of these one being deadstock.  Here is my paramarine display Resized_20200404_125835(1).jpeg.5837f25826c1d3a104ae684a726c1fd1.jpeg.

Screenshot_20220224-064421_Photos.jpg

Resized_20200703_090555.jpeg

Screenshot_20220224-064258_Photos.jpg

20220128_143456.jpg

JerryTheGerman
18 hours ago, punched primer said:

Hello, old one I stumbled upon here. I have 2 of these one being deadstock.  Here is my paramarine display Resized_20200404_125835(1).jpeg.5837f25826c1d3a104ae684a726c1fd1.jpeg.

Screenshot_20220224-064421_Photos.jpg

Resized_20200703_090555.jpeg

Screenshot_20220224-064258_Photos.jpg

20220128_143456.jpg

It’s always nice to see these. I’ve been looking for one for a while but no luck. Nice displays too

• 4 weeks later...
JerryTheGerman

Wanted to post mine for a while. Here’s my S14-075 that I got a few weeks ago. It has a few rips and grommets missing, but it’s still very nice. It has the cursive “J” on it and also a pencil marking on one of the pockets.

44267764-19B6-440F-AC9B-0E72DD068D25.jpeg

2805C3EE-9CB8-405C-9586-F9A3B88762D6.jpeg

A9438F3C-C0B8-47F9-86B7-DF2E5AE6F0C0.jpeg

13D48D84-3ED5-4702-9CEB-DAE2A0AAA3D3.jpeg

0F09F474-9ACF-470B-A9C7-C696B4CF39D8.jpeg