Scout Dog Platoon Tabs SHOW YOURS!

JerseyDevil117

JerseyDevil117

Show what scout dog patches you have in your collection. If you know what patch was worn under the tab please tell us. Ill start it off.

Vietnamese machine embroidered 25th scout dog platoon patch worn above the 1st cav division.

afil4x.jpg

Vietnamese hand guided 37th scout dog platoon. Worn Above the 82 A/B and later the 1st cav division. This example was worn above the 82 A/B since it is blue and white.

2nuqe0p.jpg

• 5 months later...

Couple more: the 37th wore 5th US Army and the 34th is self evident (33rd worn with 7th Army from earlier post).

D

Have you ever seen a 34th tab with a 34 infantry division patch?THe tab is like what was posted by RON C in post #3 but had the 34th Division patch under it,Tab looked possible Italian made but the 34th patch was the standard US issue.

Thanks

D

Have you ever seen a 34th tab with a 34 infantry division patch?THe tab is like what was posted by RON C in post #3 but had the 34th Division patch under it,Tab looked possible Italian made but the 34th patch was the standard US issue.

Thanks

R -

There was a 34th ISDP scroll similar to post #3 that sold at SOS as I was E/R to look at it, believe it was w/ a 5th Army patch. It wouldn't be the 1st time my memory failed.....today.

• 3 weeks later...

Before I only showed you the patch, which is a part of an old display I did. I was given the patch years ago by a former teacher of mine from my hometown, Frank Jarrett. I used to play with his dogs, Mike and Fritz, when I was younger. His dogs are long dead many years ago, and he is also now. He had two of these patches and gave me one. The other one was still on his uniform right above the 5th Army patch. I do not know what happened to it after his death, and his wife, also another of my teachers, is gone now too.

Here is another part of the display, exactly as told to me by Mr. Jarrett who was a historian.

[/url]">http://14176395073_7cc77ee7f4_b.jpg

This is the whole display, brightened up a bit with PhotoShop, since the paper is actually yellowed a bit more with age.

[/url]">http://14156552724_a3930b7da8_b.jpg

• 9 years later...
JerseyDevil117

the picture of the 37th scout dog scroll is lost to time, heres the 25th and some others. 

img20210831_21333134.jpg

rggrgrgrdg.jpg

SCAN0249.jpg

img20221209_17153365.jpg

ewafweafawfaf.jpg