Is This Chevron Military?

SergeantMajorGray

Would appear to be a theater (costume) piece. Very crude and I have never seen felt on wool gold chevrons. Most of the chevrons I have handled this style were well made with very straight stitching, this looks like it was made in home ec class. Just my opinion.

SergeantMajorGray

Would appear to be a theater (costume) piece. Very crude and I have never seen felt on wool gold chevrons. Most of the chevrons I have handled this style were well made with very straight stitching, this looks like it was made in home ec class. Just my opinion.

Ya I thought they looked pretty poor quality they came in a trade box full of patches so no big deal if they are fantasy.

SergeantMajorGray

There were some police chevrons in there that I got not sure if they were in the same bag though. I guess I throw this in my police display.

The sloppy workmanship is much like contractor produced chevrons of the WWI period (see Emerson's "Chevrons" book). With this color combination, I would suspect this one is possibly made for the optional cavalry dress blue uniform that was authorized 1926-1944.