Korean War Reenactment Group

Sabre117

Anyone here do some Korean War Reenacting? I'm kinda far from an environment for this kind of reenacting, but I do US Army, USMC, and USAF Impressions for the Korean War...

Captainofthe7th

I think KW reenacting is not that popular…there was a 40th ID group out in Cali that I heard of, but nothing else big. Like you, I have many impressions, but no reenacting events.

securedownload-2.jpg

aim-1.jpg

USMCKWcrouch.jpg

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
mywifesays-ohno-morestuff

Hello to all, This thread caught my attention because about a year ago, a member of my wifes family gave me several items belonging to his father who served in the Korean War. Included were his Korean and U.N. service medals, surrender leaflets from both sides, various cards, passes etc. duffel bag, 30 rd carbine clip pouch, a few other things. He told me that other items including paperwork exist, and that I could receive them as they are found. He wasn't sure of his fathers unit. My first interest is WW2, but because of the family connection, I have kept these things, and have bought other KW type items as I have found them. I own 1 mannequin and its currently wearing M-51 trouser shell w/ pile liners, and a 1951 parka w/ pile liner. I did some trading and ended up with a Boyt '50 holster, dark green cartridge belt, '52 canteen cover, and a fur lined cap with the ear flaps. A girl I work with turned me on to a pair of brown toe-cap boots, and a set of I believe what are 1952 dogtags both belonging to the same guy. I've read the Shelby Stanton book, and I know my dress out isn't exactly representative of early KW, but it looks cool on the figure, and I am always looking for other items when I'm out. I study up on the war whenever I get time, and try to always speak to the guys in the black ball caps. I've had a couple interesting conversations with a few KW vets, and that is something special. I'm sure we all feel the same. Rob, I checked out your online collection, and man, its INCREDIBLE! . ..............Cheers...............Tommy............P.S. I would LOVE to dress out for a KW display or re-enactment, but the darn boots are about 1-1/2 sizes too small!........

Pogranichnik92

If anyone is in the Southeastern US and is interested, we have a Korean War unit here, as well. A couple of us do US GI, as well as North Korean People's Army and one of our guys does South Korean ROK. One guy in the unit at the moment is also trying to get a Chinese impression together, as well.

I recently found a Korean-era UN war correspondent patch, so i could carry my correspondent duties to that era as well, pretty easily...

Pogranichnik92

I recently found a Korean-era UN war correspondent patch, so i could carry my correspondent duties to that era as well, pretty easily...

A Korean War-era War Correspondent would be an awesome impression! :rolleyes:

I've always loved the look of guys doing WC impressions (WWII, Vietnam, Korea, etc.). It's definitely one of those things that was done quite a bit, but no one likes to do the impression reenacting. :wacko:

Hi there, I also do Korean war and live in Tennesee. Drop me a line and we can chat. Having done a tour on the DMZ with 1/23rd, 2nd ID...I have a direct interests in that.

[email protected]

If anyone is in the Southeastern US and is interested, we have a Korean War unit here, as well. A couple of us do US GI, as well as North Korean People's Army and one of our guys does South Korean ROK. One guy in the unit at the moment is also trying to get a Chinese impression together, as well.

Here is a static display I put on at the Ft Campbell Museum for a 187th RCT reunion last spring, the items on the table (minus museum owned weapons) are mine.

482050_547181971979766_1640937352_n.jpg

If you guy are ever around Dayton, OH, we're always looking for people for the Patriot Freedom Festival (Memorial Day weekend)....

Mark sends

Nice looking M51,set up correctly, Nice markings on the steel pot. Everything has that almost mint OD look.

Keep up the good work!

I do Korean War locally in Illinois. Would love if it was a bigger time period and there were more reenactors for both sides, but sadly there's not. I think a lot of people are stuck in the mindset that it's all late WWII stuff and just don't really care to do it.

Great job Baron3-6....love the gear and tac marked helmet...the look on the vets faces is priceless, it must make you feel really good to see them admiring your display.....mike

Great job Baron3-6....love the gear and tac marked helmet...the look on the vets faces is priceless, it must make you feel really good to see them admiring your display.....mike

I agree fully, you did a great job and you had a very good display there! B)

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the comments. I started doing Korean displays years ago when I volunteered at another museum because at timeline events it was ALWAYS unrepresented and the vets were always there. It's funny too how Korean ear gear has stayed relatively cheap - even as the M1956 gear for Vietnam has climbed in price the last few years.

It sounds like more than a few of us are in the Midwest. Would anyone be up for an event? Public display for the vets or even a tactical. Being a tactical is a closed event, I've often thought fudging a little on accuracy and inviting WWII Russian reenactors as the opposing force. Not 100% right, but where are you going to find a Chinese/DPRK reenactor?