Best preservation way for WWII jackets

S1991

Gents,

After I've read several topics in this section I still have some questions on what would be best to store your WWII jackets.

Some of my jackets are on display on half mannequins, others will be now stored at the attic in cloth suits.

My question is if the following would preserve these jackets well or not, or what option would be better.

I wanted to purchase a cloth rack with a sleeve over it like this:
baseomegaplus.jpg

Next thing would be to place a few pieces of cedar wood in the bottom of the tent. For the jackets I would obtain some cloth suits, which ones are good enough to somewhat protect the jackets?

Would it be helpful if I would place a mothball or two in the suit? Or will it do more harm then good.

The jackets will be placed on a wooden or plastic hanger but which one will not do any harm to the jackets? I can imagine that the plastic ones release some dangerous toxics into the coats.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

The first thing I will say is that mothballs are never a good idea. Another suggestion I have and It may be cheaper and just as good if not better for your uniforms instead of buying pre-made cloth covers is to purchase unbleached muslin. It is cheap and what is recommenced and used for historic fabrics and you can get it at most craft stores. as long as you know how to use a sewing machine you can make slips at a fraction of what you would pay for already made ones, as long as you are willing to put in the time.