Field jacket and trouser repro's

b money

I'm curious as to who makes the best quality M43 M51 and M65 field jackets and M65 pants. I like how these jackets are made and I wear them. It just seems like a shame to wear, use, and eventually destroy a real issue one. I do like how Alpha has added a zipper to there m43(quick for a work jacket) but I've heard they out source to china. I would like true to spec jackets and pants.

Thanks for any ideas

That looks like a very very well made jacket! Although I am slightly confused after reading the description. Can this jacket be used with a button in liner like the M51 and M65 series?

Also can you or would you sew in a zipper?

Hmm ok, what about Alpha's M43? There version seems to have a liner and a zipper. That is pretty much what I'm looking for but I've heard bad things about alpha quality as of late.

And Saber I agree with you but also I like OD better than the woodland pattern and since the real OD m65 hasn't been made since the late 70's early 80's it just seems wrong to wear them like I do. I wear them as a work coat and eventually they will give out.

And Saber I agree with you but also I like OD better than the woodland pattern and since the real OD m65 hasn't been made since the late 70's early 80's it just seems wrong to wear them like I do. I wear them as a work coat and eventually they will give out.

Alpha still makes an OD M65, but you have to shop around. Not every retailer carrys it & the cost difference between retailers is obscene. (Reasonably, you should be able to find one for $85 or less)

That being said; I have heard both good/bad about Alpha. My issue stuff has NEVER failed me & sold me long ago. I heard the "farming out" rumor as well, and understand that civilian production is now done overseas, whereas MIL-ISSUE production is done in the US. (Notice the difference in MIL-SPEC / MIL-ISSUE).

I'm still trying to find some honest feedback on the civilian production before I buy.

That looks like a very very well made jacket! Although I am slightly confused after reading the description. Can this jacket be used with a button in liner like the M51 and M65 series?

Also can you or would you sew in a zipper?

This garment was the designed liner for the M43 jacket...

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192205-new-prototype/

Ok I see now. I'm thinking I might limit my search to M50, M51, and M65's. is there any chance you guys are going to macke those anything soon?