Yard Sale Find

bakchos215

Looks to be a female uniform for starters... Are the first couple of rows of ribbons USAF decorations or are my eyes deceiving me?

HolyHappiness

Looks to be a female uniform for starters... Are the first couple of rows of ribbons USAF decorations or are my eyes deceiving me?

Roger that, I'm seeing Air Force commendation, Air Force training, Marksmanship, etc. That's just to name a few.

Nathan

It's a current AF male officers service dress coat. Here's a close up of the ribbons. The first 17 are DOD ribbons.

post-33809-0-89041400-1383104234.jpg

As I recall from my CAP days, senior members (over 18) who were veterans could wear their military ribbons on CAP uniforms (our squadron commander was a pilot in Korea with a DFC), but I don't think CAP ribbons are allowed on military uniforms. This looks to be a combination of both, CAP ribbon rack and shoulder slides on an otherwise USAF uniform.

I agree with that, but shouldn't he be wearing "CAP" and not "US" on the lapels? Or has that changed too since I was in CAP?

I had to look that one up. Cadets wear the CAP cutouts. Senior members wear the US cutouts. Also senior members are allowed to wear any US military ribbons earned while in the service on the AF style CAP uniform. They can only wear CAP ribbons on the CAP distinctive uniform. I really don't know what that means but it has peaked my interest enough to keep reading.