Jeepers Creepers How'd they Protect Their Peepers?

rambob

Carl...I know you're itching to show your B7s and 1065s etc., so why not? ;) They fit in with the eyewear theme, don't they?

Carl...I know you're itching to show your B7s and 1065s etc., so why not? ;) They fit in with the eyewear theme, don't they?

well seeing as you asked so nicely Ian !! :D the only reason i asked was because they were on a seperate thread , and didnt want to hi-jack this thread with all USAAF items

well seeing as you asked so nicely Ian !! :D the only reason i asked was because they were on a seperate thread , and didnt want to hi-jack this thread with all USAAF items

Rest assured our esteemed mods will let you know if they aren't "appropriate" for this thread! ;)

Oh well seeing as you insist !! :D

TYPE B7 GOGGLES

forunner of the AN6530 2 contracts issued

Chas Fischer Spring Corp

post-106122-0-79945200-1383339376.jpg

and American Optical

post-106122-0-10854300-1383339429.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Awhile ago someone sent me a PM and made me a fair offer to purchase the larger, Polaroid Ski Goggles shown in this posting. I can't find the PM, but would like that person to contact me again as I am willing to sell these goggles now.

Bob

• 1 year later...

5) Clip on sun glasses with OD leatherette case marked, U.S F.G Co 1945.

I picked these up recently in a mixed lot of WW2-Vietnam gear. I'm not sure of the year, but from what I can gather they were made by a Division of the company that made Bachmann toy trains. I guess this is what they mean by NIB.

post-170681-0-88753100-1513042657_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
General Apathy

Hi Bob, nice topic and I have been meaning for some time to add a pretty rare set of goggles, unfortunately they are presently in storage, but one-day when I get into my shoebox and find them I will add them here.

in the meantime this boxes of lenses just appeared out of another shoebox, the description is pretty much evident in the photo.

regards lewis.

post-344-0-10051600-1519134861_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...
General Apathy

back to the top . . . . . . . . .

Hi Bob,  It's been quite a while that I have been wanting to add these rare ski goggles to your excellent presentation of military eyewear. It's taken me some time to find in my files and put together both of these images so I could add to your thread, finally found both images this evening and adding to your post.

I don't know to or can't find anywhere any information on these soft felt edged goggles other than the excellent front page photo on the January 1941 issue of LIFE magazine, I haven't seen mention of them in any US Army inventory of ski gear. They have small pink beads at the sides of the lenses to aid ventilation on the inside of the goggles.  

fullsizeoutput_1c933.jpeg.36b7b5fb534f3be7ba1485751d04c0e6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1c931.jpeg.fc17f2f0baa73e8f371eb222e66ef757.jpeg

cheers lewis.