Restoring a 1943 Dodge WC-62

robinb

Looking good Robin. Now it looks like I have you motivated. B)

I just saw a report that Eugene would join us with a 100 degree day today. Welcome to our world. Hopefully, not as hot up your way.

Keep up the good work!

Looking good! I'd love to have a WC-62 or 63 but I don't know where I would put it.

That's your problem. You're not suppose to think about that until after you buy it! Just ask my wife. :lol:;)

It's 100 degrees today here. Too hot to paint.

It was only 100 here today as well. Anything 100 and below in July is a gift around here. I know you guys aren't used to that kind of heat generally.

I noticed that it looked like you had drilled some holes in the rear/side of one of the bed sections and were using a dent puller? Do you think you can get that pretty straight without body filler, or will you skim a little in here and there? My WC63 bed has some major dentage. I'm thinking about cutting some sections out and replacing with new metal. i'll probably need a little body filler here and there. Unfortunately, I always seem to be a little heavy handed with the welder and overheat the sheet metal. I need to slow down.

Those holes are for the machinegun ring mount.

That's right, I had forgot that you were adding the MG ring mount.

That's your problem. You're not suppose to think about that until after you buy it! Just ask my wife. :lol:;)

I did that enough already with the 5 ton in my avatar. I had to demo three gates and a ton of fence to make a parking spot for it. Still totally worth it! :rolleyes:

I did that enough already with the 5 ton in my avatar. I had to demo three gates and a ton of fence to make a parking spot for it. Still totally worth it! :rolleyes:

Right on. That 5 ton is awesome. My wife would pass out if I tried to hide one of those under a blue tarp in the backyard. B)

looks like more than one project! ;) Been there & got the tee shirt! :lol: Its looking Great! "Keep em rollin" My 43gpw was as bad....my buddies WC51 had a tree growing between the cab and frame....He had to cut the tree down to get the truck out. It never ceases to amaze me. Good luck!

Not much is happening to the truck directly. I spend the evenings painting bolts and nuts for bolting down the bed and things like the pioneer rack. I did however install the second leg for the ring mount. The third one doesn't go in until the wood bed is bolted in.

MVC-170S.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

My wife helped me with bolting down the boards and bed. She was in the truck while I was underneath. I reminded her that when my truck was built in 1943, women most likely tightened the very same bolts that she was working on.

MVC-031S.JPG