donation2015.gif
donation2014.gif
donation2013.gif
donation2012.gif
donation2011.gif
donation2010.gif
donation2009.gif
donation2008.gif

A1C Matthew Seidler, Delta Company, 466th EOD killed in action. 05 Jan 12 at 1600L while conducting mounted route clearance patrols in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. He turned 24 two days before his death. Cousin, Soldier, Hero.

What is the middle one?

Alligator spitting out tanks was for Amphibious Forces.As I understand it those attached or part of the Landing craft for infantry,tanks etc.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Alligator spitting out tanks was for Amphibious Forces.As I understand it those attached or part of the Landing craft for infantry,tanks etc.

Still referred to as the "Gator Navy," if I remember correctly from a little time spent on various LPDs, LHAs, etc.

Very cool set of insignia. I haven't seen the amphibious one before.

These were made for wear on the Marine Green uniform. It was thought that Marines who graduated from "A" School (they attended Navy Technical schools) would wear the same "Striker Marks" as the Sailors. So, the manufacturers cranked them out, and went on and made Marine versions of every cloth insignia worn by Navy enlisted Sailors, whether a Marine would actually wear them or not. The MC did not authorize the wear of these marks, although some Marines did wear some of the aviation school marks until told to remove them. This according to John Stacey.

Yes,there are many of the strikers done on forrest green.As Sigs stated not authorized but often worn.You commonly see the parachute riggers striker on Para marine uniforms on the cuff by non riggers.I have a 1st Mar Div uniform with a striker for radio or communications on it.I have seen the CBs wear forest green as well and they wore the strikers as well.Will see the small red cross at time worn on the cuff of the forest greens as well for the corpsman.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Nice set. Sailors attached to usmc units, CBs, and corpsmen would wear these when authorized to wear marine greens. Like others have said though manufactures made all kinds of strikers in all kinds unauthorized color combinations. They are fun to collect.

-Jay

I collect pre-1948 US Navy rates, and WWII US Navy enlisted uniforms and equipment.

Wanted: items related to VPB-103, USN jumpers with USMC SSI and USMC uniforms with navy insignia.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I own a USMCWR Coat where she put the ordnance striker on the lower sleeve, the job she was assigned to at Lejeune.

I thought it was very cool that she put it on her service coat.

LF

I collect items from The Battle of Iwo Jima (1945).

Top Iwo Jima Items I'm Looking For:

1) IDed 5th MarDiv Corpsman Jumper or Forest Green Coat.

2) IDed Coast Guard Navy Jumper

3) IDed CB's Sea Bee's Navy Jumper

4) IDed 147th Infantry Regiment Army Service Coat

5) IDed 32nd ID Army Service Coat (Occupation Kyushu with 5th MarDiv).

I am always looking for named and dated WWII USMC Forest Green wool alpha jackets/coats from the 5th Marine Division or other units who participated in the battle.

My Blog "Marines In Forest Green" http://marinesinfore...n.blogspot.com/

• 5 years later...

Does anyone know where I can get a hard copy of the book?

Semper Fidelis, to all Marines past, present and future..

*Remembering CWO3 James Warren Maddox, USMC 1957-2018*

LOOKING FOR EARLY USMC CHEVRONS & RANK INSIGNIA, COMPETITIVE MARKSMANSHIP AWARDS, RECRUITING MATERIALS AND POSTERS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PENNANTS, SIGNATURES, EARLY NUMBERED CAMPAIGN MEDALS, PRE-1900 USMC GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, USMC ENGRAVED NAVY MARKSMANSHIP MEDAL, ANY MATERIALS RELATED TO 1ST BATTALION 9TH MARINES OR ANY OF THE THREE SHIPS BEARING THE NAME "USS MADDOX".

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Does anyone know where I can get a hard copy of the book?

To the best of my knowledge, John Stacey's books were only published spiral bound paperback. For anyone collecting US Navy rating badges and marks or US Navy marks on USMC uniforms, John's books are a must.

Always looking for USN WW2 era Bullion Chief Petty Officer Rates, any Chief Petty Officer Airship Rigger Rates, Liberty Cuffs, WW2 USMC Insignia and Distinguishing Marks, and WW2 Civil Defense and Civil Air Patrol Insignia

OVMS Member
ASMIC Member

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to pick up a copy of this one! I wonder if anyone has contact info for the author

Semper Fidelis, to all Marines past, present and future..

*Remembering CWO3 James Warren Maddox, USMC 1957-2018*

LOOKING FOR EARLY USMC CHEVRONS & RANK INSIGNIA, COMPETITIVE MARKSMANSHIP AWARDS, RECRUITING MATERIALS AND POSTERS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PENNANTS, SIGNATURES, EARLY NUMBERED CAMPAIGN MEDALS, PRE-1900 USMC GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, USMC ENGRAVED NAVY MARKSMANSHIP MEDAL, ANY MATERIALS RELATED TO 1ST BATTALION 9TH MARINES OR ANY OF THE THREE SHIPS BEARING THE NAME "USS MADDOX".

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif