What a Shame

LtRGFRANK

Picked this up today. Broken so someone welded knuckle guard to it. Going to try and restore it as best I can. Friend is machinest so we will see how it comes out.

post-551-0-45210900-1382745613.jpgpost-551-0-61871300-1382745662.jpgpost-551-0-65703400-1382745685.jpg

Robert

Its a intresting knife and as we have spoken its hard to say when the guard was added.Its possible it was wartime done as knuckle guards were popular.Since there is no visible ENGLAND import markings on the guard or scabbard its very possible this was done wartime.Also no broad arrow markings as you stated.If the guard was welded or brazed to the top nut it may be a bit difficult to restore with out further issues to the cast handle.I like it as in found condition and you may find another 3rd pattern as they do show up fairly often.

In the end its yours and do as you see fit with it...all what a guy is intrested in and can live with.

Thanks for posting.

Unique modification to be sure and be one of a kind. I lost my FS on Suchchon DZ on Ft Campbell years ago on a night combat equipment jump. Golden rule when jumping to tie everything down.

CD