OSS Chinese Jump Wings Opinions Needed?

A few more pictures to enjoy. All metal insignia have thin attachment pins. The collar Insignia although similar in design are uniquely different from each other, yet seem to use silver as a base metal. The both wings appear to be brass, the numbers on the larger wing appear to be individually hand stamped.   

DSC04644.jpg

DSC04641.jpg

DSC04656.jpg

DSC04657.jpg

DSC04658.jpg

DSC04659.jpg

Thanks for sharing these very scare OSS related insignia.  Regarding the metal insignia did you obtain all four pieces together from the same source?  The reason I ask is because I have never encountered your brass basic paratrooper wing with what looks like hand chiseled like engraved details on the front as opposed to being part of a die.  It reminds me of the kind of hand chiseling you find on Philippine made belt buckles.  In addition the rear pin back and the way it is attached is different from what you normally encounter with WW2 era CBI made insignia so I'm wondering if it came from a different source then your Chinese Commando paratrooper wing and collar device grouping.  

Since we are on the subject of OSS related Chinese Commando paratrooper wings I was surprised at how much one of these pieces just sold on eBay at $2148.00 (see link) earlier today.  This is not the first time this wing has surfaced before as I have an earlier photograph of it but I didn't keep any record of where I obtained the photograph.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144169560277?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5335821211&customid=&toolid=10001&nma=true&si=fOPDHqZCvfl5M5NaEzOHfra7sxw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Tonomachi, thank you for your comments. All were purchased from the same source at the same time from a very good friend who has passed away several years ago. My friend was a very knowledgeable and dedicated CBI collector. These have more meaning to me than just that of a collector value. Thanks for responding.

1 hour ago, Tonomachi said:

Thanks for sharing these very scare OSS related insignia.  Regarding the metal insignia did you obtain all four pieces together from the same source?  The reason I ask is because I have never encountered your brass basic paratrooper wing with what looks like hand chiseled like engraved details on the front as opposed to being part of a die.  It reminds me of the kind of hand chiseling you find on Philippine made belt buckles.  In addition the rear pin back and the way it is attached is different from what you normally encounter with WW2 era CBI made insignia so I'm wondering if it came from a different source then your Chinese Commando paratrooper wing and collar device grouping.  

Since we are on the subject of OSS related Chinese Commando paratrooper wings I was surprised at how much one of these pieces just sold on eBay at $2148.00 (see link) earlier today.  This is not the first time this wing has surfaced before as I have an earlier photograph of it but I didn't keep any record of where I obtained the photograph.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144169560277?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5335821211&customid=&toolid=10001&nma=true&si=fOPDHqZCvfl5M5NaEzOHfra7sxw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Is this an original wing?

The serial number looks cast and not struck.

You are right it does look like these numbers were part of a die and I noticed the attachment points for the pin back are higher than three other examples (see below photos plus Post # 14 & 15) that have surfaced in the past.  Another observation is that it is in bright shinny mint condition and probably never worn as others I've seen have brass showing through the silver plating indicating a lot of wear or the shinny luster is long gone.  However if this is a reproduction then a master jeweler would have had to produce this and I just can't see it.  The rectangular box containing the Chinese characters appears to be a separate piece which would be very difficult to duplicate.  It has the same font "4" as in Post 15 and here are two others to compare with.  I have also attached photos of the same wing I kept photographs of a number of years ago.

008 (2).jpg

008 (1).jpg

238 (2).jpg

238 (1).jpg

046 (1).jpg

046 (2).jpg

046 (3).jpg

Hi,

In looking at the other original examples provided, by my eye it matches those examples. Each number is individually applied, which provides me the thought that each number is struck by a number die and applied by a blow to the metal. That is the way I see it.