U.S. Naval Flag

navyman

Hi,

I didn't know what topic this would fall into, but I think this was flown or hanged at a recruiting station? Does anybody know what this was used for and the time period? The flag is double sided and the pieces of material are sewn on. There are fringes on three sides. Any help would be great.

Jason

Side 1

post-2501-1209219839.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest ssgtedusmc
Thanks,

Anybody knows the time period?

Jason

From the type of fringe on it it is 1943 or newer. The style of fringe changed in 1943.

• 3 years later...

Small world...that new uniform you just picked up belonged to the commander of it's sister unit!

"...A Navy veteran of World War II, he was a retired Naval Reserve officer and had been stationed at the Allentown Naval Reserve Training Center. He was a former commander of the Surface Division 4-51, Allentown..."

Small world...that new uniform you just picked up belonged to the commander of it's sister unit!

"...A Navy veteran of World War II, he was a retired Naval Reserve officer and had been stationed at the Allentown Naval Reserve Training Center. He was a former commander of the Surface Division 4-51, Allentown..."

Thanks Guys!!!

I was hoping there was a connection some how.

Jason

VirtualMariner

I know the others have already ID'd your flag (which is very cool, btw), but this reminds me of the flags used in boot camp, as well. Same anchor in the white field, just different words. Was this the same style used everywhere? I don't recall seeing them out in the fleet, but I've forgotten more than I remember. :think: