Korean Era "Armored Jeep"

Austringer

Found this on another forum and wanted to see if anyone else knew anything about it or had more photos. I think it's pretty damn cool.

001_2_11_zps6b3e3ae3.jpg

00224_zpsb9772e5b.jpg

003_2_10_zpsc427b743.jpg

00469_zps3efd8e59.jpg

005_2_3_zpse8afa5da.jpg

I'm wondering if this is post war. That is a lot of welding and body work... the kind of think you do when you are not busy with people shooting at you.

Also, it looks like they moved the engine to the rear of the vehicle.... that might be a bit complex.

I am also wondering if this thing was a bit top heavy, ... height vs. wheel base.

Three Machine Guns and a recoiless rifle? Plus four or five man crew? Where did they have space for the ammo, let alone the crew?

One only wonders what the North Koreans thought of it!

It just occurred to me that if they inadvertently left off the hand-brake when firing that recoiless rifle, the vehicle would be propelled forwards at a rate of knots!! :lol:

Well the G.I.'s look to be wearing M-43 Field Coats & OD's & Brown leather boots. Those helmets seem to be right in tune with the era of the boot's as well, and I saw at least one Brown .45 holster too. It could still be "post Korean" but I think by Vietnam we had Black leather boots and .45 holsters. They might have still used a similar helmet though, not sure there.

That's my observation anyway.