B4 Bag.

grovb

I had somebody ask about if it were wwii or wwii I assume it is as it looks like others and the tag is marked air force us army which was a war time thing and the air force only came few years after the war and thus the left overs from the war would most likely have been used. I have seen from it but I told them I would check. I Here it is.

thanks,

Brandyn

militaryforsale001_zps7ce9a60f.jpgmilitaryforsale003_zpsca6f3eb2.jpgmilitaryforsale004_zpsc2d1961b.jpgmilitaryforsale005_zps233b1fda.jpgmilitaryforsale006_zps82a9e6b7.jpg

there are 2 Donald a elliotts that were wwii air corp vets. That I just found researching.

So is it ww2 issues or 1946-1948? I just don't know much about the officers serial numbers.

• 5 weeks later...

Definitely World War II issue. The B-4 bag was only issued to aircrews. It is a myth that the term "air force" wasn't used before 1947. Get a copy of Volume I of the U.S. Army Air Forces in World War II. The U.S. Army Air Forces was a Stateside organization responsible for procurement and training. Aircrew and maintenance personnel were assigned to the Army Air Corps, which remained in existence although the headquarters wasn't manned after the spring of 1942.

I thought the B4 bag was issued to officers wether AIRCREW or not ?? It is shown in the CLASS 13 catalog of 43 and described as " BAG ASSEMBLY, -Flyers clothing ,type B4 "

If some one could enlighten me with AAF regulation 65-23 and TB/A No1 , im sure that would clear up the matter

Thanks LB