Thoughts on MOH?

Collectorww2

I'm thinking of adding this Medal of Honor to the collection, but I thought I'd ask for some opinions first.

I am not doubting the originality of it, but I am far from an expert on them.

Would this be the more modern version? Korea, Vietnam?

PS: Before you ask, I am outside the US, so I can buy it legally.

post-96343-0-79341200-1381940426.jpg

post-96343-0-45369900-1381940440.jpg

Well I have to say it looks ok to me. Not the best quality but it compares to some I examined that were produced in the 80's and 90's before the ban.

The edging around the eagle device looks a little rough (unfinished), but the image could be the problem?

Johnny R.

Looks very similar to the final run of MOH's manufactured by Lordship Industries in the early 1990's, if I recall they left their hallmark off those.

DakotaDave

Since there is no ribbon/cravat...probably a half completed "back-door" Lordship item as mentioned above by DakotaDave.

Johnny R.

Unknown Soldier

Are those your pictures? Or the seller? I would request some pictures in natural light without the flash. The obverse is rather grainy looking, but that could be the lighting and the picture. It has promise.

I decided to go for it,the seller is a fellow collector from a Norwegian forum who I have dealt with before.The medal looks to be the exact same type Dave had in his collection before the ban: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/174464-images-of-medals-of-honor-from-my-collection/

Once I get it, I will post some clear pictures.

• 3 weeks later...