86th Division ww1 grouping Well part of it. Need some help guys!

Wyonative

Hello Guys,

I recently purchased the dogtags and collar insignia along with a ring belonging to John Knoche of the 342nd infantry of the 86th Division. These items were obtained at an estate sale in Union IL.

Good news. I have them. Bad news the auctioneer broke up the grouping. The campaign hat and tunic were at the sale along with some other small items. I can't id the lots #s as I was not there. I do know that I would be interested in purchasing this helmet.

Lot #259 http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.html?method=getLotInfo&lotref=3644A9B7D3&seq=274

This is supposed to be Lt. Knoches Helmet. Anybody know who bought it ? Let me know. Would like to put the grouping back together.

Thanks, Wyonative.

• 4 years later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Glad to hear!

Not sure how to feel when people break up groups, maybe it would be better together, but also some people only collect certain things, maybe if more people have the stuff then more people remember the person.

USMC-RECON0321

Nice work keeping after it and getting it all back together. Please post new pics if you can. Does the helmet have a liner in it?