OIF 3 painted CVC Helmet

PATCHRAT

Found this unique CVC a few days ago. Living in a large military community I see CVC helmet or parts regularly. This is the first painted /decorated one I have run across. I cant read the gold signature or the word(s) on the back, possibly "OLIVER". The front reads "RUBBER DUCKS OIF 3"

post-1604-0-23024900-1381500670.jpg

post-1604-0-98918300-1381500686.jpg

USMC-RECON0321

Wow, something tells me the artist used to hang around the train car yard!!

I agree, I think the word on the back is the name "OLIVER" in all caps.

Nice personalized graffiti piece!!

Troy

Beautiful paint job! I have a pretty fair collection of painted CVC helmets, both camo and personalized, I always considered them a form of folk art. A few years back I checked with some officers at Fort Knox and they told me that there was no Army regulation that specifically proscribed painting CVC helmets. These same officers did an impromptu poll at the O Club at Knox and the consensus was pretty much split: about a third wouldn't allow any painted helmets, another third allowed bumper numbers or crew positions, and the final third didn't care one way or another as long as there were no obscenities. Things may have changed since then but it seems to me that the heyday of painted CVC's was from the Vietmam period through the Cold War and then tapered off with Desert Storm where most helmets were just spray painted desert tan along with the tank. A lot of talent and creativity in some of this 'field art'.

Larry