Rare images of the Spruce Goose

Gary Cain

I found these at an estate sale here in Carson last year and have just got around to sorting all the stuff. Some unusual views and the wing image reeeeeaally gives an idea of how big that sucker is!

post-96-1208995938.jpg

I found these at an estate sale here in Carson last year and have just got around to sorting all the stuff. Some unusual views and the wing image reeeeeaally gives an idea of how big that sucker is!

post-96-1208995956.jpg

And finally the one everyone has seen before. These are original Hughes Aircraft photo's and hopefully I will find some negatives.

Cheers

Gary

post-96-1208996155.jpg

This is cool stuff...

There's a couple photos here I'd not seen before, or don't recall having seen... notably the shot showing those groovy hangar doors. Wonder if they were made of some of the stuff that wasn't suitable for use on the bird?

Thanks for posting these!

Fade to Black...

General Apathy

Hi Gary, a real thanks for sharing those shots with us. I love the aerial shot of the two wings being manoeuvred into position either side of the plane it looks so ungainly. The second shot I like, is the one showing how sleek it looks skimming the waves before take-off, and the rest are great I have never seen them before.

Cheers ( Lewis )

I live only 30 miles away from the Spruce Goose. You walk into the museum, and it's just amazing to see a B-17 parked under the tail of the Spruce Goose.