"Im gonna sit right down and write myself a letter " USAAF/USA/USMC/USN/ US GI STATIONERY

littlebuddy

Here are 3 new pieces I received today

I cant remember what the insignia is on the right hand side of this one ???

post-106122-0-75585000-1388429820.jpg

I love the slogan on this piece !!

post-106122-0-18010200-1388429881.jpg

And a nice AAF piece , I have about 35 sheets of this !!! :o

post-106122-0-63174900-1388430013.jpg

Do you collect stationery Ironmaiden ??? because if you want to , im sure Thor and myself could set you up !!! :D

Oh wow, what a gracious offer! Thank you so much. You know, It's very intriguing, as someone had mentioned earlier, this stationary was only produced for a short time, and yet they are so diverse, and plentiful. With the exception of personal letterheads, was the stationary unique to the home front? I know many soldiers scrambled for any paper possible in the field. I recently saw an auction where the guy said "this soldier must have typed this on what looks like toilet paper" until I saw it was onion skin paper. Then I learned from my parents that that paper was indeed sometimes used for toilet paper! Unless maybe the Depression hit my family hard and that wasn't normal practice (Im a young one). My main focus are letters from overseas, hence my question pertaining to the plethora of stationary from training camps, and if any were used overseas. I know this is mainly AAF and whatnot (although we seem to be branching out a bit), but I am particularly interested in infantry (Army/Marine). Sorry for the novel lol, I look forward to the response, and more awesome stationary!

It did start out as AAF based , but the more I got into the world of "paper" the more I have branched out as well "" :D so I just look for anything that I like the look of , I don't just buy everything that is a military letterhead , but it has to appeal to me in some way.

I have a few duplicates on just the letterheads and im sure THOR does to as well ???

im slowly getting into the written letters as well , my good lady takes a lot of interest in those , so its great we can share a part of my hobby !!!

thanks for the input and your liking of what is being posted , if you have any letterhead at all that is ww2 (ish) please just post it !!

it would be thankfully received !!!

Carl

doinworkinvans

Lets see his response Ian !!! :D

You guys know me too well!

Hey!!!!! No fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just now seeing this I must have been blind!

:love:

Thank you again for the offer, I would gladly pay going rates for any interesting duplicates. I think the world of the written letters is quite amazing. I've spent my energy specifically on combat and the psychological repercussions of warfare. I have some good ones to type up soon, one from a soldier in France spending his birthday in a slit trench. Always exciting. Wish I had more stationary to show ya, the only other interesting letterhead I have is from '75, very nice example of 7th Cav Garry Owen. Nowhere near WWII or the -ish :D

By the way, lucky you, I need to find a girl who's into my letter collecting, I need to find anyone locally that is haha What can I say, without us, the stories of many may very well have been lost.

Here's something a little different yet related. This bottle of SKRIP V-Mail ink was at the local antique mall a couple of weeks ago. It was too pricey for me, plus I just imagined it spilling all over the place, so I passed it up. Thought this would be an appropriate thread to show it however.

post-203-0-91188900-1388811266.jpg

Just got this in post today !! what a beauty it is too !! I have decided to scan this one to try and show all the detail in the printing

from a guy in the 61st Bomb squadron Davis Montham Field ,Tuscon ,Arizona

post-106122-0-93573000-1388844266.jpg

reverse of envelope

post-106122-0-59663400-1388844313.jpg

Letter head

post-106122-0-77726900-1388844354.jpg

don't know why they have come out a bit blurry ?????

Thanks Keith ! I am needing some help on the scanning thing !! I normally photo all my pieces but tried to scan the last one but it didn't turn out as good as I wanted !!!

FIRE AWAY WITH ANY LETTER HEAD ETC !!!

LB

Hopefully these will be better of the previous lot !! fingers crossed

post-106122-0-63977100-1388846425.jpg

post-106122-0-51611000-1388846623.jpg

post-106122-0-36952200-1388846934.jpg

better ?? If any one could work out what language that is on the letter I would be extremely grateful !! I was thinking Polish or Czechoslovakian

LB

Not sure how I missed this thread. Great items all, will post some of mine soon.

Fire away Irish !!! all that I ask is that the content and /or letter head is WW2 era ish !! Many thanks to all that have posted so far , and to all those who are going to post in the near future !!!!

LB

Here are a few pieces I could lay my hands on easily, will dig out others soon. These first 2 are from a group of letters sent by a British pilot training here in the U.S. There are a series of letters from different air fields to different girls he has had met and romanced here in the U.S. This guy got around and had a girl in every "port" air base.

post-22-0-26600200-1400349812.jpg

post-22-0-18241200-1400349815.jpg

post-22-0-03039800-1400349840.jpg

This piece from Camp Blanding is similar to a number of war time letterheads from bases in Florida. The colors, layout etc are much alike and appear to be from the same printer.

post-22-0-42007600-1400349865.jpg