"Im gonna sit right down and write myself a letter " USAAF/USA/USMC/USN/ US GI STATIONERY

littlebuddy

Carl...it's years since I picked up that Army stationary set, I probably paid peanuts for it! I assume this kind of ephemera is still relatively inexpensive?

Ian,

A little bit of stationary coming your way with that other item.

Bob

Ian,

A little bit of stationary coming your way with that other item.

Bob

i hope its USAAF related !!! ;)

Last one;

attachicon.gifpatriotic.jpg

Strawberry if those ever need a new home you know where i am !! ;)

thanks so much for sharing them , i have a few postcards too but most have been written on , i love the unused stuff espicially if its still sealed !!

LB

These envelopes looks like they were never used from 70 years ago.. I have seen them used in POW letters and these were from a bombardier grouping whom was a POW in one of the Stalag camps during WW2.

post-12449-0-52066100-1381459216.jpg

Thanks Chris is there any stamping or details at all on the paper ??

LB

That is pretty much it. No markings that I can find. I guess soldier was lucky enough to be able to write from prison. I have seen a Stalag letter written home which included these envelopes.

Chris

This is my latest addition to my growing collection of USAAF and US Army stationary kits and writing material

post-106122-0-88330100-1382185285.jpg

reverse

post-106122-0-04182700-1382185309.jpg

And inside ...

post-106122-0-73804500-1382185348.jpg

I'm liking this thread a lot! LB where ate finding all this?!?! You are definitely a bloodhound!

Dan i have a troop of little pixies that while im at work trawl through the annuls of Ebay and report back to me when they find somthing !!!

:D

seriously you dont need to look for it Dan just leave me too it :lol:

LB

I'm impressed Carl! You've assembled a nice off-beat collection very quickly and for a modest outlay...jolly well done old boy! ;)

I'm impressed Carl! You've assembled a nice off-beat collection very quickly and for a modest outlay...jolly well done old boy! ;)

SSSHHHH Ian other wise everyone will be collecting them !! :D (then there will be a bidding war on blank paper !!!) :lol:

Seriously though , this is getting to be quite addictive for me !! so if any one has anything like what ive shown already , that needs a new home drop me a pm

thanks

LB