Chevron Help

Wedgehead30

I have seven chevrons and I'm pretty sure I have four of them properly identified. Could you all confirm my identification and possibly identify #3, #6 & #7.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Scott

• #1 - 1942 - 1948
  • #2 - 1951 - 1958
  • #3 - USMC ? WWII era ?
  • #4 - 1942 - 1948
  • #5 - 1930's - 1942
  • #6 - Unknown
  • #7 - WWII ?

post-124172-0-70567800-1381290242.jpg

#1 is correct, but after 1951 this type seen use again, this was after the reinstatment of the older model large size chevrons that replaced the small 1948 regulation Combat Non Combat Branch Chevrons, it was worn along side #2 the OD embroidered on Blue twill basically up till 1958-59, though #2 was the predominate type.

#3 is Army WWII, a odd one, a mid war to late war made type I would imagine, it was worn to be sure, in fact you can see this type in Uniforms Forum on a few M1926 coats and IKEs, don't know why it was produced like this, OD on Dark Green wool. Maybe it was made with idea it to be worn on HBT shirts???

#4 is basically the same as #1, here it's just a manufacturer variant, differant shade of OD, differant style of embroidery on the chevrons, and the use of mesh or guaze, like #1 it to was worn again post 1951.

#5 is correct, but this type OD Applique on Black Wool was worn throughout WWII up to and past VJ Day.

#6 is Marine Corps Forrest Green Applique on Red Wood for wear on the Forrest Green coat, this type was worn WWI though the late 40s, your's is most likely WWII, or a little earlier.

#7 Is WWII, Silver/White or Light Tan/Khaki ( people will invariably call it differantly by these shades) This example is Embroidered on Black twill, there is another type in these same colors, this one will be Woven, a completly Woven in Rayon patch. The two style of this type wear made to be worn on the Enlistedmens Khaki shirt, and so it was, it was the only one autherized to be worn along side another type,which you do not have posted, this being the OD embroidered on Khaki twill. Like #1 and #4 this type also seen wear again post 1951