GLIDER Rider badge: opinions please

88thcollector

88thcollector

I have had this for a long time, probably from a tag sale. Both elements look ok to me and the badge has left marks on the oval so it looks like it has been on it for a long time.

Is the blue oval right for the glider badge.

post-827-1208971637.jpg

post-827-1208971699.jpg

post-827-1208971713.jpg

post-827-1208971731.jpg

I would say it is correct.I have seen a couple different shades of blue used as a generic color for Infantry when worn with the glider badge.I have a uniform from a 17th Airborne veteran and he wore a solid light blue backer behinde his jump wings and also wears a glider badge.Your badge is actually a glider qualification badge not the pilot badge.Pilots badhe are like the standard WW2 Air Corps pilots wings but have a capital"G"in the shield.

RON

88thcollector
I would say it is correct.I have seen a couple different shades of blue used as a generic color for Infantry when worn with the glider badge.I have a uniform from a 17th Airborne veteran and he wore a solid light blue backer behinde his jump wings and also wears a glider badge.Your badge is actually a glider qualification badge not the pilot badge.Pilots badhe are like the standard WW2 Air Corps pilots wings but have a capital"G"in the shield.

RON

Thanks for the info and I can't believe I wrote PILOT.

Steve

Thanks for the info and I can't believe I wrote PILOT.

Steve

Steve,

Glad I could help.I see I cant spell Badge in my post.I guess typing isnt my strong point.

By the way your oval and badge are very nice examples.A guy cant have to many of them thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

RON