Cobra 6 Actual

I believe this early butane lighter is from a survival kit:

image.jpeg

Made by Gene W. Goble and Associates. Here it is with the top off:

image.jpeg.c557cbafad6d502fd7794c4439c69a05.jpeg

Military match case

image.jpeg

Cobra 6 Actual

Thanks, jmd62 … and NSFW, too! This lighter always reminds me of what an impact area would look like after a GBU-57A/B Massive Ordnance Penetrator (a precision-guided, 30,000-pounder) "bunker buster" bomb hits it:

image.jpeg

This has been an interesting topic to follow. It's funny what one picks up along the way when collecting other items. I never thought of myself as a lighter collector, just picking them up as I come across them and then one day realize, 'Wow, I have like a hundred lighters!' Anyway, here a few of mine. These first five all came together from a Korean War Air Force troop carrier vet. They are mix of Wellington and Penguin brands.

DSC05392.JPG

DSC05393.JPG

4 minutes ago, Boy Howdy said:

Nice grouping Siamundo.

Thank you Boy Howdy. I don't know anything about the history of Greek 13th Hellenic Flight but guessing they worked together in some capacity with the Americans.

I picked up this Marine All Weather Attack Squadron 242 directly from the vet about 10 years ago. He told me they were passing them out to squadron members as they were rotating out of Vietnam.

DSC05396.JPG

DSC05397.JPG

DSC05420.JPG

Another of those popular Thailand jeweler lighters with a different front.  Don't know if the tiger head is for a specific unit or just a popular design

DSC05403.JPG

DSC05404.JPG

An older Manco brand lighter from The Blue Angels. I really wish there had been something on the back side of this one but unfortunately it is blank.

DSC05391.JPG

DSC05415.JPG

Cobra 6 Actual
16 minutes ago, Siamundo said:

I think the marking on this 15th Infantry Regiment Zippo date from either WW II or very early Korea.

DSC05381.JPG

DSC05382.JPG

DSC05383.JPG

Some nice ones, Siamundo. According to Zippo’s date codes this lighter was made between 1937 and 1950, so your estimate that it is WWII to Korea is right on the money. And, since it has a CIB, which was authorized in 1943 that puts a more precise date range of 1943 to 1950 on it.

14 minutes ago, Siamundo said:

I think the marking on this 15th Infantry Regiment Zippo date from either WW II or very early Korea.

DSC05381.JPG

DSC05382.JPG

DSC05383.JPG

Somewhere between 1946-49 according to a Zippo bottom markings guide.

https://www.angelfire.com/falcon/clocks/zippo_codes.htm

FYI

Sorry C6A, didn't see your post.

Not trying to step on any toes here.

No details available on original owner, but I am guessing Rat Pack 13 was this pilot's call sign in the 187th Assault Helicopter Company. 1967 dated Zippo

DSC05377.JPG

DSC05378.JPG

DSC05416.JPG

US Army Headquarters Are Command (HAC) Saigon made by Mars Trading Company. From what I found online, Troi Oi roughly translates to: What the heck?; For goodness sakes; or Dear Lord.

DSC05389.JPG

DSC05390.JPG

DSC05417.JPG

1969 Zippo given to me a few years ago by a friend of my parents who served on board during the Oklahoma's City 1969-1970 Vietnam cruise. He was a non-smoker and told me he only used it a couple of times and stuck it in a drawer upon his return to the states where it sat for the next 40+ years

DSC05401.JPG

DSC05402.JPG

Last one for tonight, a well used Windproof Zenith named to a Sgt C. Stallings of Company B, 1st Battalion, 6th Infantry, 198th Infantry Brigade. I know some collectors are wary of lighters that show a lot of wear like this as being possibly artificially aged, so I am just guessing this is original. I found a Sgt. Clarence Stallings on the 1967-1968 roster for this unit so I am thinking this might be the same guy. Don't have any other details about him though.

DSC05406.JPG

DSC05407.JPG

DSC05424.JPG