Military Lighters - All eras all brands

Here you go, Ricardo!

This is an Evans "Spitfire" cigarette lighter carried by Cpl. Frederick L. Behm, a member of the HQ battery of the 533rd AAA aw Bn. The inscriptions are hard to read becase the copper base metal has darkened with age. Anyhow, on the front it reads: "Cpl. Behm USA 533 AAA aw BN E.T.O" and on the back: "Africa Sardinia France Germany USA."

post-211-1169259185.jpg post-211-1169259237.jpg post-211-1169259301.jpg

Ricardo,

Here is my nicest lighter. It's a presentation piece from the Vietnam War inscribed:

PRESENTED TO

LT. COL. JOHN B. BLOUT

FOR A JOB WELL DONE

CREIGHTON W. ABRAMS JR.

GENERAL

PHONG DINH VIETNAM 1969

1st Air Cav Div

On the bottom it says im corona Ballade GAS

I understand that Colonel Blount was a Lt. General when he retired.

post-70-1169338339.jpg

post-70-1169338389.jpg

This is a 1970 Zippo.

post-70-1169339035.jpg

Air Force souvenir from Thailand during the Vietnam War.

post-70-1169339355.jpg

post-70-1169339392.jpg

This is a PARK lighter...not sure of the era.

post-70-1169339630.jpg

post-70-1169339684.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is my only other lighter. It is a zippo, I am unsure of the year probably 60's or 70's? It belonged to a Marine named Chuck Webster that served in Japan.

Front:

post-100-1172284732.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

nice lighters guys, more pictures of markings would be nice. I have 4 counting the one I had custom made or me with my C.A.P. numbers and squadron on it.

untitled.bmpsimply put boys, as a Zippo collector. If the marking on the bottom look stamped wrong or uneven walk away. People think that well it has changed over time they're misprints, and I have to say, I have never seen a bad misprint that ruined the conformity of the stamp. Learn your date codes too. Good example. I attached a fake stamp. Notice the poor quality, remember, Zippos were made to the highest specifications, they were more expensie then any other lighter and carried the famous guarentee. So they did not sell crap and if they did it was one in a million. Remember, for every real Vietnam Zippo, there are 50 repros, for those who didn't know, the ones coming from Vietnam aren't antiques, THEY STILL SHIP HUNDREDS OUT A DAY!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
grenadebaron

The brass one I made for my reenacting weekends.

If I should loss it no big loss.

The 293th was a Korean War Graves Registration Company

post-5271-1238144297.jpg

• 12 years later...
Cobra 6 Actual

There is already a Navy lighters thread, (  USN LIGHTERS Zippo, Penguin, Vulcan, Prince Rocky, Ronson, etc.  )

but I didn’t see one for the other services, so I’m going to resurrect this necro-thread for a few days and see if there’s any interest.

Any lighter I post is, to my knowledge, authentic. The exception to that would be an occasional non-authentic lighter posted for a specific reason and so noted. If a Zippo lighter then the date stamp on the bottom will be correct for time period, so I won’t bother to post those lighters’ bottoms. Similarly, if there’s no design or lettering on the back of the lighter I won’t post that either. 

Here goes:
9D84069A-25BD-4904-B6C7-5AC81E5BE1FF.jpeg.e88d614eb2288a36eb5c1e4c3958e972.jpeg

Feel free to post pics of your military lighters as well!