Luftwaffe Overseas Cap Found With 82nd Airborne Items

19delta-uav

Recently I was at an estate sale in Virginia where I purchased a box of WWII uniforms. One of the uniforms had an 82nd ABN patch on it. Nothing special. When I got home I took everything out of the box and noticed there was something below the flap at the bottom of the box. I lifted it to find this gem. Thank god i didn't just throw out the box without checking! The inside has a date of 1942. I'm contemplating selling it becuase german items aren't really in my interest, but I'm not sure where the best place is to do that. Any recommendations?

post-3881-0-37655800-1381200030.jpg

Nice find...this is just me, but I would keep it with the group.

It is nice to have a US group from the war, but it adds another aspect when you display what they brought back.

Philip

Not a bad idea to keep with the group. Hat is worth about $175.00 from what I see of it. Wehrmacht-awards.com is a place to sell, but you have to join and I cant remember if you have to wait until you have a certain number of posts before you can sell. I think you can right away if I remember right-there is a $20 or $25 annual fee to join (cant remember which). Kevin

My problem is that it wasn't really a group. It was a few wool shirts, a pair of pants, and a pair of underware. Also, there was no name associated with it. I know it was from the same guy, but i hazard to call it a grouping based on content.

My problem is that it wasn't really a group. It was a few wool shirts, a pair of pants, and a pair of underware. Also, there was no name associated with it. I know it was from the same guy, but i hazard to call it a grouping based on content.

Do you have the address of the estate sale? If so, you can probably reverse engineer the name.

Trooper B.A.R

The Luftwaffe overseas cap, just from what I see in dark photo. Need to see inside lining, size, etc. Can't tell what material, nor how insignia was stitched. But they do go for around 150.00 to 325.00, average 200.00 225.00 realized. I have 5 of these displayed as part of GIs brought back items.