Tanker Jacket USMC ID

thumbsup.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Ron,

I love that TAC shirt, is that related somehow to my tac group that came in through DC at last show from TX??

Kurt

Kurt,

Same group.His other shirts were marked in a very similiar manner.Had the same staining too.

RON

It is quite common to find multiple names stamped or written on WWII and Korean-era USMC clothing item from alphas to HBT's. So it is not at all surprising that someone named DH Wilson has something with a different set of initials.

I see this a lot where the Marine uniforms were stamped with different names.I have a couple of Corpmans uniforms in forest green and they have 3-4 names in the sleeve.I even have ne uniform to an EH Sohm.He was a Navy doctor attached to the Marines and one of his first forest greens is an enlisted blouse with officer EGAS.Will post when I get it un-earthed.

RON

Hey Ron,

I think it was Doug May but I'm sure Kurt will correct the both of us! (I don't have my notes handy).

I think that makes at least 3 UNIS marked P41's that came home with him....super cool!

Kurt Barickman

Name was Dean May, 5th Pioneer Battalion, wow what a haul that must have a awesome group as I am astounded by how much I have thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif I am still a very happy camper with my stuff. I should post a photo of a full mannequin I put together with the TAC UNIs HBTs.

Kurt Barickman

Name was Dean May, 5th Pioneer Battalion, wow what a haul that must have a awesome group as I am astounded by how much I have thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif I am still a very happy camper with my stuff. I should post a photo of a full mannequin I put together with the TAC UNIs HBTs.

Kurt Barickman

Thats the man.He is listed as Wounded in the 5th book.I also have a set of the late P44 trousers and an unmarked P41 shirt that came in the pile.I still assume he went to China as the cold weather that came in the group.