"Redcatcher", VN 1970.

Sabrejet

439th Signal Battalion

Ian,

A very nice display. Thank you for sharing.

I am unable to find a CPT Kirk on the Brigade Officer's Roster. Since there is a Recondo patch on the jacket, have you tried looking this officer up on the graduates for the course? He may possibly have transferred into the 199th from another unit in 1970 and was never added to the roll.

Ian,

A very nice display. Thank you for sharing.

I am unable to find a CPT Kirk on the Brigade Officer's Roster. Since there is a Recondo patch on the jacket, have you tried looking this officer up on the graduates for the course? He may possibly have transferred into the 199th from another unit in 1970 and was never added to the roll.

I've never looked into it...so thank you for that. I've had this particular jungle-jacket for about 15 years or more. Bought it at a British collectors' fair with no provenance, so who knows?! At the end of the day I really don't mind if it's been "enhanced" as it looks good and all the insignia is original etc. ;)

thanks, robbie. davison was a good guy, and i hope that paperwork is worth adding to the collection. i realize it's minor. ian, i just sent you a few pics of my old jungle fatigues, so you might want to check your email.

thanks, robbie. davison was a good guy, and i hope that paperwork is worth adding to the collection. i realize it's minor. ian, i just sent you a few pics of my old jungle fatigues, so you might want to check your email.

Roger that...just did. Excellent! Thank you Ron! :)

ian, i have no objection to you posting those pics, if they would add to your topic.

Ok Ron..I'll see if I can copy them over. Thanks.

that's the message i get each time i try to add a pic, so i quit trying, deciding that i'm basically a dinosaur.

It ain't necessarily so Ron! It's just the file format which needs changing...that's all! I think you need to have a word with your son next time he calls round! :D