Medals at the Max

tarbridge

Here are a few of the medals I picked up. Four WWII KIA Purple Hearts in Pic#1

P1010002.JPG

In picture #2 Four WWII KIA Purple Hearts, One un-named Navy Cross, 3rd award WWI Silver Star to Navy corpsman, un researched WWI Silver Star, WWI Big Thumbnail Purple Heart

P1010007.JPG

Once again great medals Robert!

Any information on the recipients yet?

Yes.I will post later.Robert

Robert, as always you have brought back a quality assortment of medals...the MAX Show was good to you!

Especially like the Corpsman Silver Star, I do not think I have ever seen one before.

Philip

lg-share-en.gif
Harry K. Wiley
AWARDS AND CITATIONS
medals_navy_cross_100x200.jpg
Navy CrossSee more recipients of this award

Awarded for actions during the World War I

The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the Navy Cross to Pharmacist's Mate Third Class Harry K. Wiley, United States Navy, for extraordinary heroism while serving as a Corpsman attached to the Fifth Regiment (Marines), 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces, in action at the front on 19 July 1918, when he constantly exposed himself to heavy artillery and machine-gun fire in carrying in the wounded in complete disregard of his own personal safety.

Action Date: July 19, 1918

Service: Navy

Company: Corpsman (Attached)

Regiment: 5th Regiment (Marines)

Division: 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces
ssc.jpg
Silver Star CitationSee more recipients of this award

By direction of the President, under the provisions of the act of Congress approved July 9, 1918 (Bul. No. 43, W.D., 1918), Pharmacist's Mate Second Class Harry K. Wiley, United States Navy, is cited by the Commanding General, SECOND DIVISION A.E.F., for gallantry in action and a silver star may be placed upon the ribbon of the Victory Medals awarded him. Pharmacist's Mate Second Class Wiley distinguished himself by gallantry in action while serving as a Corpsman attached to the Fifth Regiment (Marines), 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces, in action near Vierzy, France, 19 July 1918. Pharmacist's Mate Second Class Wiley showed exceptional devotion to duty and great bravery regardless of personal safety, day and night for two days. Without rest and under constant artillery and machine-gun fire, he carried the wounded, saving many lives.

General Orders: 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces, Citation Order No. 53 (1918)

Action Date: July 19, 1918

ssc.jpg

By direction of the President, under the provisions of the act of Congress approved July 9, 1918 (Bul. No. 43, W.D., 1918), Pharmacist's Mate Second Class Harry K. Wiley, United States Navy, is cited by the Commanding General, SECOND DIVISION A.E.F., for gallantry in action and a silver star may be placed upon the ribbon of the Victory Medals awarded him. Pharmacist's Mate Second Class Wiley distinguished himself by gallantry in action while serving as a Corpsman attached to the Fifth Regiment (Marines), 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces, in action against the enemy in the Soissons Sector, France, during World War I.

General Orders: 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces, Citation Order No. 64 (1919)

Action Date: World War I

ssc.jpg

By direction of the President, under the provisions of the act of Congress approved July 9, 1918 (Bul. No. 43, W.D., 1918), Pharmacist's Mate Second Class Harry K. Wiley, United States Navy, is cited by the Commanding General, SECOND DIVISION A.E.F., for gallantry in action and a silver star may be placed upon the ribbon of the Victory Medals awarded him. Pharmacist's Mate Second Class Wiley distinguished himself by gallantry in action while serving as a Corpsman attached to the Fifth Regiment (Marines), 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces, in action against the enemy in the Champagne Sector, France, during World War I.

General Orders: 2d Division, American Expeditionary Forces, Citation Order No. 64 (1919)

Action Date: World War I

Robert, it was great talking with you at the show. Jill and I enjoyed seeing your items and hearing the stories behind each of the medals. It is really good to see someone who appreciates the medals not only for their intrinsic value but also their historical relevance.

Gary B

I always enjoy seeing your acquisitions after a big show. It is a vicarious thrill.

I'll second that statement!!

DakotaDave