Purple heart, made in China ?

F-X

I don't care if they aren't real, that still makes me sick to my stomach!! For one that they are making any type US medal for profit and secondly that Ebay allows foreigners to sell valor medals on the site but US sellers are forbidden too do so. Is something not wrong with that picture??

tarheelyankee

Hello z19. I agree. It sucks that eBay allows this. I have bitched to eBay several times through their e-mail system and it all falls on deaf ears. Any suggestions as to what to do? The Stolen Valor Act is void and repealed. What does eBay not understand? Tom

I didn't see the listing before it got pulled, but it was listed on ebay.com (the US site) and therefore prohibited for sale on the site. If it was listed on ebay.uk or ebay.de, or any of the other foriegn eBays, the listing would have stayed up.

I've never seen a Chinese made PH before. I'm not sure why someone would tool up to make PHs in China, when you can buy one directly from the official government manufacturer in Tomball, TX for about $40.

The Stolen Valor Act NEVER prohibited the sale of Purple Hearts. There's about a gazillion threads here on the subject, so I won't flog the proverbial dead horse. All I'll say is that eBay is a private company, and can ban anything they wish. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of items on eBay's "prohibited list" that are perfectly legal to sell in other venues.

There was just one picture, a Purple heart with a ribbon bar in a purple cardboard box, price was 39,99$ if I remember correctly. Mounted on a crimp brooch.

I've never seen a Chinese made PH before. I'm not sure why someone would tool up to make PHs in China, when you can buy one directly from the official government manufacturer in Tomball, TX for about $40.

Chinese operators have been making knock offs of collectible items for years. Chinese copies of US collector coins and paper money -- even low end items -- are a scourge in those markets. There is even a website where you can order 2013 US pennies from a manufacturer in China. If there is money to be made, it will be copied. This may just be the beginning of a flood of faked US medals from China.

Manchu Warrior

Chinese operators have been making knock offs of collectible items for years. Chinese copies of US collector coins and paper money -- even low end items -- are a scourge in those markets. There is even a website where you can order 2013 US pennies from a manufacturer in China. If there is money to be made, it will be copied. This may just be the beginning of a flood of faked US medals from China.

This is two photos of a Chinese operation that is cranking out counterfeit US Morgan dollars. Thjey look pretty good in the photo and I may be wrong but something tells me they are not made of 90% silver.

post-1412-0-63729600-1381158813.jpgpost-1412-0-49662200-1381158844.jpg