A 327th Airborne Recon patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Hello everyone,
I got this some months back,it is a 327th Infantry Airborne Recon piece.
I have seen a lot of these for sale,and this is the only one that I've seen that doesn't look like a repro.It is cotton twill with a non plastic cheesecloth back.

The back was loaded with glue and I tried to remove as much as I could,the white patches are where some of the glue was.
I really like the design of this piece;the gun toting Hawk with red eyes and a cigar clamped in his beak is awesome.
If anyone knows where and when this patch was worn I would appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks!

post-13386-0-39761800-1380984616.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hi PC

I have the same patch under the Pentomic era.

Unauthorized 57-59 Airborne Recon 327th Infantry Regiment:
On 25 April 1957 the colors of Company A, 327 AIR were reorganized and redesignated as HHC, 1st Airborne Battle Group, 327th Infantry, and remained assigned to the 101st Airborne Division (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated). This was the only active element of the 327th Infantry during the Pentomic era.
When the Army abandoned battle groups for brigades and battalions, the unit was reorganized and redesignated on 3 February 1963 as the 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry, an element of the 1st Brigade, 101st Airborne Division.
In my opinion it has no connection with the Vietnam era Tiger Force Recon patch.
Phill