WW2 Memorial Washington DC on 1 OCT 2013 during shutdown

ocsfollowme

Just a reminder since we're on page 2, let's keep it as politics free as possible.

Thanks,

RC

And, good luck with that! It's all about politics and most seem to be far to the left or far to the right and they both out scream the middle without actually listening to each other. American politics at its best. Symbols and slogans over substance. Not a new thing either as it goes back to the founding, but with less physical violence.

Sitting on the other side of the pond as a (relatively) passive observer, keeping this discussion apolitical is akin to trying to keep religion out of Christmas! :D

RustyCanteen

It's true that being a political event it is almost impossible to discuss it without mentioning the heart of the issue (politics) but we must remember this isn't a political debate forum.

I am going to clean a couple of the replies to keep it more on topic of the actual news story; vets seeing their memorial.

Thanks

RC

It's true that being a political event it is almost impossible to discuss it without mentioning the heart of the issue (politics) but we must remember this isn't a political debate forum.

I am going to clean a couple of the replies to keep it more on topic of the actual news story; vets seeing their memorial.

Thanks

RC

I know moderating a forum can be a truly difficult task. Much of that is based upon the subjectivity of the individual moderator and how they interpret posts. Sadly, I think my first reply to this post was met with that sort of subjectivity and was henceforth "cleaned" from existence. Understanding the governing rules - especially those regarding political discussion - I truly read my post (image/quote) was more focused on the original topic of the thread while shining light upon the manner in which some folks truly view these veterans. How they are viewed is (IMO) at the root of this monument barricading.

RustyCanteen

67, I removed the image because I felt the follow-up discussion to explain it's meaning would take it a little too far off topic.

RC

67, I removed the image because I felt the follow-up discussion to explain it's meaning would take it a little too far off topic.

RC

Ah...Ok...I'll accept that. Thanks, man!