Opinions on this?

alktrio06

Nice bit of field gear, only problem I have with it, (hope you don't mind me saying) the year 1945, its a bit late for me, as to collecting used WW2 items, it looks in mint condition. like I said though, a great bit of field gear.

Nice bit of field gear, only problem I have with it, (hope you don't mind me saying) the year 1945, its a bit late for me, as to collecting used WW2 items, it looks in mint condition. like I said though, a great bit of field gear.

Yeah, read description closer, and it's nice, but for price and my WWII collecting focus, it misses it by that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

And the antenna has the 1953 Moisture Fungus Proofed (MFP) date.

Has anyone ever seen evidence of those radio carrying bags being used in WW2 in the ETO??

We have an older thread about these cases at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74259-cs-156-jump-case-for-a-bc-611/

These CS156 cases were designed to carry MC-619 homing (direction finder) kit modification. There was a case CS157 for the homing antennas and this listing has one of each. I think that only the guys carrying the DF units would have had the these cases: in theater I can't imagine they kept stocks of them on hand in case someone wanted to use one for a standard BC 611. I also can't imagine that too many of these DF units were carried into combat. It's hard to imagine a purpose for it that would justify the extra weight and bulk. Direction Finding radios are are typically used to take bearings on an enemy radio transmitter so you can attack it, or to establish your own position by triangulating bearings from more than one transmitter with a known position. Neither of those uses would be very practical with a single-channel BC-611 radio (to change frequencies on these radios you had to change crystals and coils and have tech re-tune them).

For the record here's the ones in the ebay listing:

radiocases2.jpg

radiocases1.jpg