SILK SCARF FIND 1945-1946

Germanymp

Hi guys,

I ran into this silk scarf the other day. The patches and embroidery is just simply stunning, but I let you guys be the judge!

The unit insignia (patch) is embroided directly into the scarf.

It is about 15 cm wide and 1.5 meters long.

On the right side where the ETO patch/stitchery is (this side is stitched vertical on the scarf) it says: Scotland, France, England, Luxembourg, Beldium - well and the ETO patch.

On the left side also vertically on the scarf it says: Berlin Germany 1945 - 1946 and it has the 1st Airborne Army patch stitched/embroided right onto/into the scarf / silk material. As well as the name "Mac" in the bottom right corner.

In the middle there's horizontally stitched/embroided 78th Div patch and above it says: Berlin - District and beneath the patch it says: Meb-Depot.

Now can anyone tell me or at least give me their ideas on what "Meb-Depot" stands for???

it's not Med-Depot, the lower case d looks different.

thanks

Phil

post-1035-1208827683.jpg

post-1035-1208827779.jpg

post-1035-1208827812.jpg

...Now can anyone tell me or at least give me their ideas on what "Meb-Depot" stands for??? it's not Med-Depot, the lower case d looks different....

If you change your mind about that letter being a "d" here is some information about the Berlin District Medical Depot in 1945:

"The Berlin Medical Depot, operated by a detachment of the 15th Medical Depot Company, was established in the Berlin Enclave to initially support approximately 50,000 troops. Its site was near the grounds of the 279th Station Hospital located in a small enclosed tennis court. Due to the reduced strength of the Enclave, the depot was shortly inactivated and became an issue point under the 279th Station Hospital."

post-1963-1208833397.jpg