Vietnam era "Skull" Jump Wings special forces

• 7 months later...

Since it is that time of the year, I thought a Halloween Skull theme might be appropriate. Here are some Skull wings and badges that I have collected over the years. It is interesting to me that a "Death's Head" would be chosen as a symbol by those who at times face almost certain death or at the very least, high risk occupations.

post-48217-0-37160900-1508963065_thumb.png

Here is a strange one that someone for some unknown reason carved out of a contemporary US basic paratrooper wing manufacture by Bell Products. They shaved off the details of the chute and risers and cut off the inverted base point. This could have been a Halloween thing as the nose is a triangle that you see on jack-o-lanterns.

post-1389-0-95821400-1508966559_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-92440200-1508966742.jpg

I think Halloween is a great time to show your "skulls" !

The top one really doesn't fit within this thread but I had it photo'd with the others... supposedly, it's a patella carved by Tibetan monks... (??)

post-4361-0-10781900-1508971133_thumb.jpg

post-4361-0-89974100-1508971143_thumb.jpg

vintageproductions

Here's the back of the sand cast one:

Looks like one of the copies Grossritter ( or whatever name he is using now) used to sell on Ebay.

Looks like one of the copies Grossritter ( or whatever name he is using now) used to sell on Ebay.

Yep, with the conveniently marked and utterly convincing "SAIGON" on the back of it, along with a silver proof mark. All meant to deceive the buyer.

I think he also went by "Rouge Panzer" (which should have been the far more intimidating "Rogue Panzer", unless he was referring to a red tank).