Pigeon Parachute from flea market

Very neat! For $40 I would have grabbed it too!

JD

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collect some old pigeon bones and add some mystery to the pen!! :lol:

Sounds like a good excuse for a trip to Chinatown. Pigeon bones and dim sum... just hopefully not from the same shop.

-- Jon

In memory of Dr. Leo P. Krall, USPHS
USS Uniontown (PF-65)

Interested in uniforms / groupings from Massachusetts and New England veterans

(particularly 26th "Yankee" Division), and original propaganda leaflets from WWI and WWII.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I'm definately not adding any pigeon bones to it. I'm sure the wife wouldn't approve.

I am glad! That would be a little creepy. Would give the feeling that they were forgotten in there to die a slow death. Thanks for standing on the hgh ground.

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

$40 was a good deal. I've seen those pretty expensive. ABN

California

"Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

-Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

''A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'' Gerald Ford

"Those who melt their guns into plows will plow for those who don't." Thomas Jefferson

"I live in weirdville." Owen

donation2011.gif

Very cool! These were hooked up to a little parachute that came in various colors, some marked with Baseball and a patent number...

You did really well, congrats on a super nice find!

donation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"The battle belonged that morning to the thin wet line of khaki that dragged itself ashore on the channel coast of France." - General Omar Bradley.

Here's a picture to illustrate: the chute had appr. 8 panels of which 4 were colored in red, orange, etc.

2013-01-10-5.jpg

donation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"The battle belonged that morning to the thin wet line of khaki that dragged itself ashore on the channel coast of France." - General Omar Bradley.